I am eczema free now

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

7 posts
Eczema gone

by Eczema gone on Thu May 25, 2017 5:35 pm

I am eczema free now

I had eczema and I am cured of it & have been eczema free for 5 years now.

I had moved to a city which has extreme climate, is arid & the water there is very hard in early 2010.
On a hot August afternoon that year, we were playing football and I started to feel itchy on my arm and saw a red bumpy rash and ignored it.
There was first one & then several angry red bumps filled with fluid that were extremely itchy on my arm!
Before I knew what was happening, my whole body was covered with this ugly, horribly itchy, oozing, red rash.

Despite, my best intentions, I somehow or the other ended up scratching them increasing my agony.
My husband rushed me to a leading dermatologist who pronounced the condition as eczema.
He believed my condition was linked to hereditary asthma on my maternal side, though I had no respiratory or skin problems until then.
He said unfortunately, there was no cure and I will need to learn to manage it.
He gave me oral medication as well as lotion to apply that contained steroids.
He also said that I should avoid bathing/showering in hard water.

The condition subsided with the medication but the eczema reappeared on my palm.
The more steroid cream I used, the more I needed and it began to spread so I discontinued the cream and lived in misery and embarrassment.
Though I tried, I would end up scratching when I was distracted or asleep.
The situation worsened during winter but by now the eczema infected area and rash wasn’t wet, it was dry
cracked, bloody and itchy as hell!.
I remember once when I held my young niece's hand to help her cross the road, she said to please use my other hand as this one was too rough and hurt her.

Then, I received advice from a doctor, no less; that changed everything!
I heated regular castor oil available at pharmacies and infused it with fresh neem leaves from nearby tree and a crushed camphor tablet. The camphor tablet was nothing special either, it's what we Indians use for puja and there was some in the home temple.
I applied this oil on my palm 3-4 times a day, slowly but surely the condition improved and the eczema was cured within a few months.
Thereafter, when couple of times I had one or two new, tiny, itchy, red bumps/rash that felt like the beginning of another episode, I just wet the area and rubbed regular table salt on it 2-3 times a day till the itching stopped and the rash subsided.

I continued to live in the same city and used hard water without any adverse effect and have had no recurrence.
If this post helps even one person become eczema free or even manage it better, I’ll be grateful to God all over again! :)

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:37 am

Re: I am eczema free now

Thanks for sharing. I also thought about of relocating when I had eczema before but tea tree oil helped me a lot.

CastorOil4Eczema

by CastorOil4Eczema on Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:22 pm

Thank you for this recommendation. I am on day 3 with castor oil and so far it is helping (neem oil and camphor tablets are on order). I too tried all the water based creams and ointments which did little when my eczema was explosive. The only thing that seemed to work were the steroids of which I needed more and more. So like you I discontinued the steroids. I started doing research for alternatives when I found your post. I did some research as to why your recommendation helps. The castor oil appears to be the most active ingredient. Hopefully I will post it in a separate discussion forum.

CastorOil4Eczema

by CastorOil4Eczema on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:21 am

Castor oil is working great for me. Before using it I had open eczema sores, broken skin and rashes all over my lower legs. Half way thru the night, I would have to reapply wet wraps. 3 weeks later, it's 90% gone. I can sleep thru the night. It's 95% gone on my lower legs but 10 days after I started using it, it spread to other parts of my body as a light rash so you may want to use it on your whole body. I was applying it 4 times a day. Now I'm down to twice a day and no longer need wet wraps. My eczema is down to a light itch now and then.

Raider4LFE

by Raider4LFE on Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:38 pm

What kind of Castor oil is everyone using?

CastorOil4Eczema

by CastorOil4Eczema on Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:30 pm

I bought refined cold pressed Castor oil even though "Eczema Gone" bought generic castor oil since the pharmacy was out of it. It would keep more nutrients in the oil, my camphor would take over a month to arrive and I would be using neem oil rather than neem leaves.

7 posts