Feeling discouraged

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
kay09821

by kay09821 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:10 pm

Feeling discouraged

I'm 19 soon to be 20.
I've always had eczema but it has never been bad until the past 2/3 years. When I was in school I had it on my neck and then recently it's started spreading all over my body, My hands and feet are the worst. For the last couple months I have been using shea butter and this really has worked well with my skin but as per it's started flaring up really bad again. I have been suffering a deep depression because of this for the past 3/4 month to the point where I don't want to leave my bed. I'm always at home I hate going out because of how it makes me feel. My self confidence level is below 0. Please If anyone has any suggestions I would love to know!

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:52 am

Re: Feeling discouraged

Hi! Sorry to hear of the worsening eczema and hope that you'd find the right treatment soon - it could be hormonal changes that worsen the eczema or many other factors.. allergy testing to see if there's any trigger to avoid? You can also read this interview with Annie Fox on improving self-esteem for teens http://eczemablues.com/2013/03/improvin ... for-teens/

take care!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

JonathanT

by JonathanT on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:21 pm

I cured my excema in my early 20’s by a fluke. I had eczema very bad on my hands and feet, especially my feet. I was so upset I went outside and stood in the snow. I stood there for about 25 minutes to a half hour and melted the snow with my feet all the way to the ground! A normal person could never had lasted that long in ice. Ice is the answer to eczema. Since then anytime I have flareups I put my feet in ice, the itching instantly disappears and if I keep my feet cold and as dry as possible the eczema overtime just goes away. I’ve told doctors this but no one takes me seriously. The problem is heat!!! Somehow the nerve stimulation creates heat which creates the blisters. Once you’ve rid your feet and hands of the eczema the rest of the eczema on your body will go away on its own. The main places for eczema is your hands and feet. Fill some Ziploc bags with water and freeze them and hold onto them with your hands. Put your feet in ice water. Put a towel next to the bucket and keep your feet as dry as possible once they’ve gotten cold. Keep your feet and hands cold. As cold as you can take it. And you must keep your hands and feet cool for the rest of your life or it will return. It takes vigilance. You can’t let the tingle start or it can come back in a matter of minutes. When I get the sansation and the itchy feeling, I don’t care where I am, I kick off my shoes and socks and wag my feet around to get them cooled off. Then I immediately head for an ice bucket as soon as possible. Eczema sucks! This is my cure. I’ve been excema free for 30 years.

premasai9

by premasai9 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:28 pm

Try going online and Finding Turmeric Juice and Neem Leaf Powder and Neem Bark Powder. Do your own research in regards to relation to skin problems and eczema. Neem Oil can be used topically. Based of Thousands if years of research and experience from physicians of Traditional Medicine. Certain trees, fruits, roots, and herbs are highly intelligence and work with your body to take care of the problem from its root. Also consult your physician. Read about properties of different foods. Let thy food be your medicine as Hippocrates said.

4 posts