eczema on bottom of feet and hands

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

1 post
webman6393

by webman6393 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:53 pm

eczema on bottom of feet and hands

Hi. About a year ago I began to develop sores on the bottoms of my feet. I saw a dermatologist who diagnosed me with eczema. I tried a medication called Toctino. It raised my cholestoral to the point I had to stop taking it. I have also tried a couple of creams that the dermatologist prescribed me without success. Fast forward a year later. My feet are still killing me. Nothing is working. I now have had a breakout on my palms, fingers legs, back, arms. The worst is my fingers. They suddenly started to itch so bad that I had to scratch. Anti-histamines didn't touch it. It got so bad that my fingers got infected. I was put on anti-biotics and prednisone. My fingers started to clear up. I was weaning off the Prednisone after taking it for two weeks, still had another week to go, when the eczema started to come back. I saw the dermatologist again this week. He has now said to start taking the Toctino again, this time if the high cholestoral comes back that he would treat it with medication to lower my cholestoral.

I am really suffering. Every step I take causes pain. My fingers are sore all of the time. I want to constantly scratch myself to get some relief. I am retiring in July and want some relief so I can enjoy retirement. Please, someone give me some advice.

Thank-you