Eczema and food allergies

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

52 posts
ItchyGal

by ItchyGal on Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:50 am

Re: Eczema and food allergies

Hi Jimbob,

I definitely react to foods. I am pretty much reduced to just eating fruits, veges and nuts now because everything else impacts my skin negatively. Though in researching I found that most other foods aren't actually good for us anyway and to be honest, I have more energy than anyone I know now and feel healthier than ever - aside from the skin and asthma of course!!

After an allergy test recently, they told me I was even allergic to mammalian meat - yep, no more red meat for me!

Adding probiotics to my diet has helped HEAPS! The gut seems to be defunct in a lot of people with eczema and that is imperative to healing.

Also, I find that any, and I mean ANY, cream or emollient i use will flare my eczema. The most comfortable my skin ever feels is when it is au natural. It may be a little flaky but I much prefer that to red, weepy, inflamed and itchy skin. This is not uncommon! I have read a really good article on how adding moisturisers to the skin actually slows down the healing process - I will post this article when I can find it!

All the best xx

Lilianamls

by Lilianamls on Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:56 pm

Re: Eczema and food allergies

I have read a few articles on your website and I really like your blogging style. I added it to my favorite blog list and will be back soon. Also take a look at my site and let me know what you think.

52 posts