Water descaler

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
shamrock

by shamrock on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:55 am

Water descaler

Hello There
My 1 year old son was born with mild atopic eczema and we started off following all the normal recommendations,
but nothing had quite the result we found when we fitted a descaler to our incoming water supply under our kitchen sink. We live in a hard water area and I looked some research into water softner systems and the associated benifits for eczema sufferers. The system I had was a water descaler from "Scalewatch" costing around £38
It is very simple to use, just plug in and wrap cable around the main incoming copper supply pipe and job done
Since we installed it, our sons eczema has cleared up around 70%, his face has been flare up free for 4 weeks now and he is sleeping through the night with none of the itching he experienced before.He is not 100% free and you can see on his chest where the eczema areas are but it has stayed very inactive and he is looking and acting much happier. I thought I might share this with you in the hope that maybe it might help someone who is looking for a new approach to treatment, I will continue to monitor his condition jut in case the improvement is as a result of the hot weather or some other source but thats what appears to have worked for us to date :)

ironchef

by ironchef on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: Water descaler

I had a similar experience. My parents got a reverse osmosis, softener filtration system and it helped my skin ALOT. Great tip!

2 posts