Dyshidrotic Eczema

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
ashleighriley

by ashleighriley on Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:09 pm

Dyshidrotic Eczema

Hi all,
So I have suffered with eczema all my life and after really struggling to manage a flare up that was all over, ended up having phototherapy treatment. Since then I have no had a flare up on arms legs etc. But did start getting Dyshidrotic Eczema on my hands. Something I have never had before the photo therapy.
This is managed with the usual, moisturizer and steroid cream when flare ups occur.
Over the last week I have had the same itchy little blisters I get in between my fingers but on my chin, I have scratched these in my sleep, so they have scanned over and got infected. Went to the doctor and got given betnevate for this. The betnevate is not helping and now I have new little blisters above the massive scab! They are insanely itchy but also painful and it is taking everything in me not to itch then and make the scab worse than it already is!
It's bad enough having this huge scab for the world to see in the first place!
I have never had blisters or any eczema patch on my chin before and I am always really careful not to change anything in my diet or perfume, air freshener, Washing powder etc. And I don't wear make up. I don't think I have done anything different that would cause the new flare up, (I have wracked my brain over and over) I'm struggling to get a gp appointment but am still trying each morning.
Has anyone else had this issue? And any advice on how to stop the itching/pain without popping anymore blisters?
Thanks in advance :)

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:31 am

Re: Dyshidrotic Eczema

Sorry to hear of the blisters.. did the doctor say if it is due to some infection/ bacteria and what can be done about it? We regularly use antimicrobial wash but I'm not sure if that will help in your case. Blisters can mean quite a few other infections/ conditions complicated by eczema, so it's best to see a dermatologist, take care and hope all get better soon!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

katinthehat2000

by katinthehat2000 on Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:18 pm

Re: Dyshidrotic Eczema

I have found the most relief from my eczema issues using Manuka oil. I had very, very bad blistering on my my feet for 25 years. I had tried every remedy and prescription I ever read about with most of them making it worse. I tried Manuka oil and it cleared up in about 3 weeks. I now make a lotion which is unscented Lubriderm as a carrier for Manuka oil and cassia (cinnamon)oil. One cup lotion with about 10-15 drops of the oils. My feet have been clear for a year. It is like a miracle. Also my feet smell like cinnamon!

3 posts