HOW MY ECZEMA IS CURED and what my doctors' left out...

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
SheHerselfHer

by SheHerselfHer on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:45 am

HOW MY ECZEMA IS CURED and what my doctors' left out...

My eczema used to be really bad on my hands, and sometimes under my feet, or my underarms... I went through many trials of changing my diet, switching medications (also took the shot many times), and spent so much money on products I didn't even need!!! First, I need to be sure that you understand the fine line between an initial itch and the itchy growth before you seek the best solution. Something starts the itch, then the itch expands...

1) MEDICINE - I do use Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream 0.1% when I start to get itchy, but here's the secret... Be careful not to put it on before bed. Medication and Products last for a certain period of time and are eventually left only to damage our skin. Therefore, keep track of how long these essentials are left on your skin.

2) PRODUCTS - I stay away from products with SLS & SDS (Sodium Laureth/Dithionite Sulfate) which are in a lot of our day-to-day uses like (dish soaps, body soaps, lotions, etc.) I learned about this a long time ago in Chemistry, and I have no idea why our doctors' leave this out... but this specific ingredient inflames our eczema. I did notice that this ingredient used to be in a lot of products when I was younger, and I acknowledge markets for trying to change their ways... But, I also believe the ingredient was an alternative to reduce costs of products. I know that it is difficult for us to manage our spending this way, but try your best and stick to sensitive products that are cheapest.

3) MECHANISM - I also recently found out that I have really bad ADHD. Scratching was my sort of "fidget" mechanism for coping with my learning ability. It is really hard for me to focus, and it stresses me out like crazy. So, I would have the urge to scratch (most people with ADHD fidget). Now, I am noticing a difference with my eczema... The medication I take for my ADHD has really helped ease my focus and stop scratching.

I really hope this helps everyone who suffer from eczema.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I have been through it before, so I will do my best in helping.

CastorOil4Eczema

by CastorOil4Eczema on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: HOW MY ECZEMA IS CURED and what my doctors' left out...

Interesting comments especially regarding the overnight application. You mention understanding the fine line between an initial itch and the itchy growth before you seek the best solution. Something starts the itch, then the itch expands. I know the difference but...sometimes I get caught off guard so by the time I catch it, the itch has already started to expand. Unfortunately triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% is too weak for me. I've been using castor oil which has helped. It's heavy in fatty acids which can get stripped from the skin which can be repaired via castor oil. I've just started with it and I'm already seeing positive results..
Could you go into more detail on how you seek the solution by determining whether it's an initial itch vs. itchy growth.

Three-suns

by Three-suns on Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:52 pm

I am new to this eczema thing because that is what my dermatologist is telling me I have. About 4 months ago I starting itching in a few places and then developed blisters. By that point the itching was pretty severe. I saw a dermatologist, they did a biopsy and determined it was consistent with a drug hypersensitivity reaction. I was only taking a hbp medicine at the time so my pcp said to stop. The rash did not go away. I endured the summer with alcohol and some cannabis products because that is the only time I found some relief from the constant "bug bite" sensation to start scratching. I am now using the strongest topical steroid cream and using an antihistamine. I awaken every night at the same time with itching so severe that I want to scream. The areas of blistering move from one part of my body to another; I get one place healed somewhat and then it will reappear after it has wreaked havoc somewhere else. Yesterday, the dermatologist said to stop using the cannabis products as that my be the culprit. But she also did two more biopsies because of the extreme rash and blistering skin on both my thighs. I am at my wits end because this thing is really starting to affect my daily living! Oh, another thing, I have small blood spatters on my sheets about every morning from scratching too much. I am survivor of breast cancer x 2 and this absolutely tops anything I had to go through when I was getting treatment. Just to read something from someone with this dreadful skin condition probably will make me feel a little better.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:41 am

Hopefully the biopsy can reveal what the issues are.. as it is not usual for normal eczema to get into blistering and scratching till so much blood without so much a time of few months.. if it's not triggered by some underlying medical condition, then consider allergy test and swipe for bacteria, fungus etc

Take care, and very sorry to hear of this sudden eczema that is so disruptive.. hugs
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

4 posts