My Seborrheic Dermatitis

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
Miss_Tiffany

by Miss_Tiffany on Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:30 am

My Seborrheic Dermatitis

I've struggled with eczema all my life as I'm 30 years old now and kept it under control for the most part. I met the so called "man of my dreams" 7 years ago and ended up leaving my family and friends and moved 60 miles to be with him despite my family and friends telling me something was off about him but I was gaga I didnt see it. I was a very strong willed woman, independent and goal oriented. After I got engaged to this "man" everything changed. He started to control my life, mentally abusing me every chance he got. Then the day came he started physically abusing me and I was so down on myself and low self esteem that I figured he didnt mean it with all the sorries and him feeling bad for what he did. But no later than a week or 2 he head butted me that it blackened both of my eyes and swollen my eyes that I had to take off work as I was a manager at Walmart. That costed me my job since I had to be off work for 3 days to get the swelling down. At which point he came home from work and started yelling at me for losing my job and such so he broke it off with me and kicked me out. My family wouldn't talk to me and with him being abusive I had NOBODY I was close to at this point. So I became homeless. I wasn't able to shower for 2 months! Besides a wipe down every so often with anti bacterial wipes.

A few days ago an old old friend ran into me and they let me stay at their house THANK GOD. I ended up getting a shower right away since I havent had one for awhile and I noticed the yellow on my scalp and freaked out and jumped in the shower to hurry and scrub it off not knowing it was my eczema at a high flare up! It took like 6 washes to get it off but I noticed scrubbing my head with my bare hands made them hurt so so bad and they still hurt and are red, same with my feet? I looked online everywhere and havent found anything that ties that with seborrheic dermatitis but does that happen? Does anyone know what I can use to help with the sensitivity and soreness because it hurts even to grab anything etc. I put on gloves but not til after the 2nd or 3rd wash so my hands were already sore.

I also read that doctors dont know what causes seborrheic dermatitis, but the one webpage I read is that seborrheic dermatitis is children and adults with HIV. That scares me because for the past 15-16 years (since I got my first PAP) I've been clean. I thought it was just a worse case of eczema.

And is there anything can I use that I can buy in stores for my head and body? Until I can get insurance to get to the dermatologist.

Any information and support would be amazing because I'm alone in this and it's really thought mentally and physically. I appreciate all the information :)

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:24 am

Re: My Seborrheic Dermatitis

I'm so sorry to hear about what had recently happened to you and so glad that you have found a place to stay. For the scalp, I'm not sure about using medicated shampoos when the scalp is so red and sore.. But in a normal case of seborrhoeic dermatitis on the scalp, medicated shampoos containing active ingredients like ketoconazole (nizoral), cetrimide (dandron), coal tar, selenium sulphide (selsun) can be tried out..
take care dear, hugs
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

Miss_Tiffany

by Miss_Tiffany on Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:52 pm

Re: My Seborrheic Dermatitis

Thank you so much for the reply and the hugs because that makes me feel good somebody cares :)
And I am trying Head and Shoulders Clinical Strength and it's to help seborrheic dermatitis as it say on the bottle. Thank you for the help because I know nothing about it but I've been researching alot so I can learn more about it.

I've noticed though that I cant wash my scalp without gloves and it hurts my fingers REALLY bad. It actually made them extremely sensitive since I washed it the very first time and my seborrheic dermatitis was really bad on my scalp. It's like it damaged my nerves in my fingers. Is that normal? Not sure if I should see a doctor about that.

3 posts