Flaky face every day - any suggestions?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
deepargh

by deepargh on Thu May 09, 2019 2:05 pm

Flaky face every day - any suggestions?

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if you could help.
I've had chronic eczema for a long time now, I had a huge flare up a couple years ago which was unbearable. I've got it more under control now, but since the flare up I've had a flaky face every day for as long as I can remember. When I get in the shower, the flaky skin will peel off.

I don't use soap and the eczema on my body is very under control, I just can't seem to control it on my face. I use a blend of coconut oil and shea butter on my skin as I want to keep the products that I use on my skin natural.
Unfortunately it affects my confidence and self-esteem too, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! :)

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri May 10, 2019 1:53 pm

Re: Flaky face every day - any suggestions?

Hi Deepargh

Thank you for your post. Have a look at our free support programme, mydryskin, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/mydryskin.php.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Stella741

by Stella741 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:19 pm

Re: Flaky face every day - any suggestions?

Hi Deepargh,

One thing that causes a flaky face is candida, caused by eating food that contains mould. For example, rice and yeast from bread.

Instead of eating rice, switch to sweet potato or yams. Then add plenty of oily fish stew. Oily fish like sardines or mackerel. I would add avocado smoothies to the mix, but am not sure if your budget will allow for this.

I find that easing off from rice and eating oily fish at least once a day for 2 weeks, makes the flakes die down. Oily fish does not feed candida yeast overgrowth.

Hope this helps,

All the best,

Stella

3 posts