Facial Eczema

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
marie2019

by marie2019 on Sat May 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Facial Eczema

Two weeks ago my dermatologist prescribed prednisone (20 mg) and also did skin biopsy due to rash on my face ( cheeks and forehead) that would not go away. Hydrocortisone (2.5%) did not help.

I got the biopsy result yesterday and found out I have eczema. My face looked better now but I think it is due to prednisone and I am worried eczema will flare up again once I stopped prednisone. My dermatologist prescribed Elidel. Has anybody here have good result using Elidel? Please advise. I am really worried. Since ezcema is on my face, it is very difficult for me to be in public places. Going to work is the worst as I see clients everyday and no make up can cover the rashes.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Mon May 13, 2019 6:00 pm

Re: Facial Eczema

Yes, Elidel is quite a common prescription for facial eczema as it is steroid free and does not thin the skin. If you're on oral prescription from your dermatologist, you do have to follow through with it or at least not self-terminate the course as it would then make it more difficult to determine the next course of action. You can also check with your dermatologist if you have to look into facial wash and hair wash products, or do patch test to be sure it is not triggered by contact. Hope it'd all get better soon, hugs!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

2 posts