Atopic eczema

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
mariiina

by mariiina on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:45 pm

Atopic eczema

Hello everyone.. Since I was a child a had some several skin problems, especialy atopic and contact dermatitis. One day it is better, another day it becomes unpleasant. I think I have tried everything to strenghten my immunity. Past few days I have discovered a possibility of Chromozoom genetic DNA tests. As I understood these tests should find out what kind of problems with my skin I have and recommend me what to do. Does anyone of you has an experience with these tests? Did they help you? Thanks a lot for your advices.. ;)

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:57 am

Re: Atopic eczema

Don't think DNA test will help as researchers sort of identified the gene involved FLG gene that leads to defective skin barrier in eczema, as well as the proteins (of our immune cells) that "over-signal" causing skin inflammation. I've no experience with the dna test but I guess if there's other infor you would like to have, may be worth it? (is it expensive?) Otherwise, just for eczema, I don't think serve much purpose.. allergy testing may be more appropriate :)
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

mariiina

by mariiina on Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:47 pm

Re: Atopic eczema

I have been told that the test offers plenty practical skincare advice all based on my genes...This Derma test I chose contains also predispositions for acne, contact dermatitis, psoriasis, vitiligo etc. So I think I may give a try.. Will let you know about the results after 6 weeks ;)

3 posts