CBD and eczema ?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
vanessat

by vanessat on Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:44 am

CBD and eczema ?

I had finally got to the point where I was tired of using steroid creams on my eczema. I have been using corticosteroid creams for over 10 years of my life, although only for short periods at a time because of the horrible side effects. I started looking into natural remedies, many didn't work.. or i wasn't using them long enough to see the benefits :roll:
However I did come across CBD and Hemp seed oil, and surprisingly worked to relieve the itching pretty quickly and slowly improved my eczema and dry skin. Since then I started making my own emollients with CBD and hemp and I am grateful to have came across them. Although it is important for me to mention that i would apply it and wrap my leg or arm in cling film for bed time and maybe doing this helped it further by keeping the moisture retained.

Whilst I very much promote using CBD/Hemp for the skin, especially atopic dermatitis. Having studied pharmacology, I would want to emphasise that it may not work for everyone (eczema is not the same for everyone who has it)

What are your thoughts on CBD and eczema, anyone tried?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:00 pm

Re: CBD and eczema ?

Hi vanessat,

We are unfortunately unable to support the claims of any particular medicinal or herbal products but are always pleased to hear the positive and negative anecdotal evidence or genuine success stories of our members with eczema sufferers.

We are pleased that you have an understanding and have also pointed out in your post that what works for one, may not work for another individual.

As often is the case with all new 'wonder' products we anticipate there will be lots more quality 'evidence based studies' available to the public. This way, all patients can gain an understanding of what works to make good clinical decisions on for their health based on the best empirical evidence.

Thanks for your post though.

Regards,

talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

rejuviamedical

by rejuviamedical on Sat May 09, 2020 4:33 pm

Hey vanessat,

CBD companies are not allowed to make any medical claims at the moment, so be careful of the ones that do!

We are confident that CBD has numerous benefits and medical purposes, but there is not enough evidence to support any claims.

Though, we do believe in the power of the hemp plant and know that is has the power to heal and better all of us. Perhaps in the future it can be linked to improving eczema.

Be well,
REJUVIA
rejuviamedical.com

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:39 pm

It depends on how long you were using the creams, and how strong they were when applied. Always speak to your doctor.

4 posts