Please send advice!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
anonymous1

by anonymous1 on Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:38 pm

Please send advice!

I’ve had eczema all of my life. Perhaps because I’ve not been outside in four weeks due to the Coronavirus outbreak, my eczema has flared up very badly. My arms are red/purple and textured. They are very itchy and are the worst at night. My bed is full of dead skin during the night which I constantly need to swipe off or I feel disgusting. My skin is also swollen. My neck has become swollen, which looks like water in my skin, and is very rough. My skin stings as if lice are trying to escape it. Please help me!

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:11 am

Re: Please send advice!

Oh dear.. does the skin feel warm or tender/ fever etc? Infection can be dangerous especially if widespread. I'm not sure if there is a clinic to go to, or how to get prescription should it be bacterial infection? Meanwhile, I would take care to use an anti-bacterial wash that is non-drying to skin, something like octenisan to keep staph bacteria low and keep fingers crossed not already infected? Take care.
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

Ellie1996

by Ellie1996 on Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:51 am

Re: Please send advice!

Hey. I had the exact same problem at the beginning of the pandemic, eczema worse than ever (I think it was due to stress and anxiety too) so I was trying everything I had in the cupboard and just reached a point where nothing was working it was becoming very frustrating, especially not being able to go out and get new products to try.

I actually ended up using raw honey on my skin. Somebody suggested it somewhere on the internet and I happened to have some in the back of a cupboard and had nothing to lose lol. As you can imagine it is very sticky and not the most pleasant to put on the skin but it cleared the very harsh eczema on my neck in literally 3 days. I've had eczema all my life and never been so impressed by something! Put it all over problem areas in the evening for about 1-2 hours and then wiped off with a warm cloth before bed.

3 posts