Eczema skin help

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
Slazenger

by Slazenger on Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:00 am

Eczema skin help

Hi All

I am new to this forum - I would like some help regarding my 3 years 7 months old son.

He suffers from eczema and milk allergy alongside dust mite allergy.

His weight has suffered and currently weights 14kg with a 105cm

We are doing our best to reduce his exposure to dust mites by changing the flooring to laminate flooring in the bedrooms changed the bed mattress and bedding to anti-allergy.

We continue to monitor and stop him eating anything with milk.

We have tried different creams and now back with oilatum cream and bath - we use Piriton and Cetirizine 5mg Hydrochloride at night and during the day to help stop him itching.

Recently we have found him itching considerably more during the night waking up 12am and 4am itching each time lasting an hour before the medicine kicks in and he falls asleep.

Please could you look at the pictures and advise what is the best medicine or cream that might be help or what has exactly happened to his skin. This has only happened in the last or two and we cannot understand what may have triggered it. As per the pictures his skin has now become rough and no longer smooth.

Any help or advice be much appreciated.

Thanks all
Attachments
image2.jpg
image2.jpg (71.11 KiB) Viewed 4353 times
arm
arm
image3.jpg (57.65 KiB) Viewed 4353 times

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:18 am

Re: Eczema skin help

Try an antiseptic gentle cleanser like Octenisan? My kid has eczema from 2 weeks old, and last year, it worsened at 10 years old due to heat from change in classroom and physical exercise outdoors in school. Through the doctor's consultation, and skin swap tests, realized that staph bacteria really colonized her eczema skin, despite almost daily antiseptic washing. We have since switched to daily washing and even wrap (tubifast) with solution that contains antiseptic formulated by the doctor.

Do explore options to reduce staph bacteria and also tubifast wrap at night. From the photos, it doesn't look too severe nor infected. You can check out what I use on my blog, basically we:
- use ceramide lotion, layered over with cheaper emollient
- wrap
- antiseptic cleansing
- desonide/ liquid lowest potency steroid lotion at eczema lesions - some thick parts of skin for my 10-year old looks almost impervious, so I think it's pretty safe given the low % of absorption at thick skin areas like the foot.

Take care ya,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

2 posts