Lets Talk Eczema

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
Sophie_E37

by Sophie_E37 on Wed May 20, 2020 6:59 pm

Lets Talk Eczema

Hello,

I'm Soph and new to Talk Health. I have been staring at my laptop screen for about 30 minutes contemplating myself, mainly because for so long of my life I have been ashamed and embarrassed of my eczema.

I'm in my twenties and can sadly say that eczema has and still is taking over my life and I wish I didn't give it the power to :x I have no idea what eczema I suffer with, but it is on both my arms, chest and stomach; my arms are patches of sore, blistered, weeping rashes and my chest and stomach well, the only way I can describe it is like sunburnt or heat rash that won't go.

I have had numerous doctors’ appointments and been prescribe creams but I am currently awaiting an allergy test, which I am hoping will bring back something. I have suffered with eczema for as long as I can remember, however I was always on top of it, with creams that healed it. About 2 years ago my eczema took a turn for the worst and I haven't been able to heal it and I am at my wits end.

I am here to read other peoples experiences about eczema, for I strongly believe that it isn't spoken about, that many of us are also allowing eczema to take over our lives or cannot find the answers they are looking for but I for one would like to say you aren't alone, you're doing amazing and you can get through this.

So if there is one thing I can ask, it would be to speak and share about your experiences with eczema whether thats on this post or to someone in person and to remember you are never alone.

Love
Soph x

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri May 22, 2020 12:03 pm

Re: Lets Talk Eczema

Hi Sophie_E37,

Welcome to talkhealth and thank you for posting on the forum and for your encouraging words to others :)

Sorry to hear of your history of eczema which sounds very uncomfortable and painful. You may want to embrace another approach to eczema when the drugs and creams are no longer helping. Please have a look at our client 'Chuckling Goat's website. Here they explain how your gut bacteria and imbalance between good/bacteria can influence whether you develop skin conditions such as eczema. Please find the link here:

https://www.chucklinggoat.co.uk/health- ... ng/eczema/

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Eczema46

by Eczema46 on Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:16 pm

Good Morning Soph, omg I am totally with you and understand where you are coming from!

I to have suffered all my life from eczema, and yes it does take over your life . I have it very bad up my arms which from time to time gets very red and gets infected and weeps . Also on my stomach , backs of legs and bottom 🤦🏻‍♀️

What I do hate is when your out and get the stares , adults and children! The children ask there mums , “ Mummy what’s that on the lady’s arms “ !! I know they just inquisitive.

Anyway I’m currently going down the Goats Milk approach , swapping to having it in tea and on cereal . I’ve been using soap made with Goats milk and I’m waiting on the cream which you apply after !
It’s an experiment, as fed up of all the steroids and tablets , which work for a while then don’t !
Also want to see if I react to any foods , would love to get an allergy test !

Anyway hope your getting on ok 👌 Here anytime ok 👌

Love Mel x

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:47 pm

It sounds like an infection, its usual for eczema to start covering the body unless its infection. You could try antibiotic tablets from your GP, You could also try creams and also have hot baths more often.

4 posts