Hi Depressed Newbie

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
Eczema46

by Eczema46 on Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi Depressed Newbie

Hello there I’m a newbie to this , I’m 46 and suffered with eczema all my life . I’ve just about had enough really , going from flare ups going to the doctors getting steroids and antibiotics, which clears it up lovely of course . To then 6 weeks later or less to it coming back with avengance . Been prescribed so many creams and emollients , but my skin just gets so immune to them so quickly , then stops working 🤷🏻‍♀️ Spent all my child hood and now adult hood life like this , unfortunately when I was a child you didn’t get the allergy testing you do now , but I am very interested in getting one just out of curiosity.

So I’m currently going down the more natural route ( trying ) I’m experimenting with using goat milk soap ! Waiting for some goat milk cream to arrive , also going to try using goat milk in tea and on cereals ! We lived on a farm growing up and was brought up on goats milk . I’d like to try an elimination diet to see if this helps
Has anyone tried this ?? And if so what sort of things did you cut out and found it helped ?
Does anyone use a cream and swear by it ??

Sorry it’s long wanted to get it all out there ! Lol 😝
Thanks Mel

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:27 am

Re: Hi Depressed Newbie

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting on the forum and a warm welcome from all of us here at talkhealth :)

Sorry to hear of your frustrating eczema journey. It is very interesting that you are now starting to use goats milk products. One of our clients Chuckling Goat based in Wales have taken it one step further and produce one of the highest quality probiotics in the UK via their goats milk kefir. It is potent stuff and many people have really turned their eczema around by consuming it. It helps by rebalancing your gut microbiome. If you go to their website, there are nutritionists online to help you. Because you have already started down the route of consuming goats milk, this would be a very postive next step:

https://www.chucklinggoat.co.uk/health- ... ng/eczema/

Do let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:53 pm

Re: Hi Depressed Newbie

Eczema46 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:02 pm
Hello there I’m a newbie to this , I’m 46 and suffered with eczema all my life . I’ve just about had enough really , going from flare ups going to the doctors getting steroids and antibiotics, which clears it up lovely of course . To then 6 weeks later or less to it coming back with avengance . Been prescribed so many creams and emollients , but my skin just gets so immune to them so quickly , then stops working 🤷🏻‍♀️ Spent all my child hood and now adult hood life like this , unfortunately when I was a child you didn’t get the allergy testing you do now , but I am very interested in getting one just out of curiosity.

So I’m currently going down the more natural route ( trying ) I’m experimenting with using goat milk soap ! Waiting for some goat milk cream to arrive , also going to try using goat milk in tea and on cereals ! We lived on a farm growing up and was brought up on goats milk . I’d like to try an elimination diet to see if this helps
Has anyone tried this ?? And if so what sort of things did you cut out and found it helped ?
Does anyone use a cream and swear by it ??

Sorry it’s long wanted to get it all out there ! Lol 😝
Thanks Mel
You need stronger antibiotics. The sad news is if you tried using antibiotics and it goes and comes back. You may need to try oversees follicititus creams. The infection has gone deep into the skin, and a longer dosage of antibiotics or a stronger medication is needed. This is my opinion. I use dermol cream, and it works. You have to put the gels and creams on religiously for them to work, and it may take time, but they will work. Give it time.

3 posts