Red blotchy skin flare ups

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

5 posts
Bennysavo91

by Bennysavo91 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:19 pm

Red blotchy skin flare ups

Hello, looking for some help, I suffer with flare ups of red blotchy skin on my face and chest. It was triggered mostly by caffeine and ever since I cut out caffeine 3 months ago I still get flare ups. I’ve been to the drs and had a prescription for hydrocortisone cream and ointment but my skin is still the same. When I apply normal moisturiser (simple moisturiser) on my skin, it burns but that is rare when I just have dry skin mainly on my forehead. Does anyone have any experience of this? Many thanks

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:19 am

Re: Red blotchy skin flare ups

Hi Bennysavo91,

Thank you for posting on the forum. You may also want to check out our FREE dry skin support programme and also try Balneum which is for eczema and dry skin. There have been some great reviews on it. Please check out the following links:

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/support/mydryskin

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/s ... ie-balneum

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

chris_jx

by chris_jx on Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:31 pm

Hi there, I wouldn't use simple moisturiser on eczema - mainstream creams just won't work on eczema skin and will cause irritation. You need something like Diprobase for your forehead. Speak to your doctor about getting stronger steroid cream for the chest area. After a week or so a weaker one like hydrocortisone can be used.
hope this helps
Christopher

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:04 pm

Bennysavo91 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:19 pm
Hello, looking for some help, I suffer with flare ups of red blotchy skin on my face and chest. It was triggered mostly by caffeine and ever since I cut out caffeine 3 months ago I still get flare ups. I’ve been to the drs and had a prescription for hydrocortisone cream and ointment but my skin is still the same. When I apply normal moisturiser (simple moisturiser) on my skin, it burns but that is rare when I just have dry skin mainly on my forehead. Does anyone have any experience of this? Many thanks
I do not think its a caffeine, but it might be something else you are allergic to. It could be side effects from another medication or cream. If you still get flare ups it means it might not be the caffeine, i think you should speak to the GP about it. I think its skin issue that is starting to slowly rot slightly. The best thing to do is take a lot of vitamin D, its supposed to help the skin, in the meantime, try cooling creams, and dermol cream is good. Speak to the GP.

_ShazzAJ

by _ShazzAJ on Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:43 am

Bennysavo91 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:19 pm
Hello! Shazz here. Came across this thread and would like to share some advice, I hope it helps!

In each eczema type, different people may have different symptoms and trigger responses. Eczema can develop due to multiple factors; a malfunctioning immunity is one of them. Other factors include poor gut health, exposure to potential allergens or environmental toxins and so on. Maintaining a healthy immune system is important to prevent inflammation and flare-ups.

In my opinion, it is also best to avoid steroid/chemical-based products to prevent potential adverse effects that may occur in the long run depending on your skin condition, also because,

1. You may become too reliant/dependent on drugs
2. These products may not solve the root cause of your skin issue

Having said that, managing eczema requires lots of patience, trial and error and religiously sticking to routines that work best for your skin.

Sharing with you this useful article that provides a comprehensive list of tips, natural remedies and other reliable solutions (free from harsh chemicals too!) that you can find here to help soothe your eczema condition. While the article focuses on kids, I believe the recommendations here are definitely applicable and beneficial for adults as well.

Read this 👉: https://eatprayflying.com/itch-no-more- ... -children/

Hope that helps~ 😊!

5 posts