Red skin and eczema

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
Lucia.pas

by Lucia.pas on Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:33 am

Red skin and eczema

I’ve had a really bad flair up this past month, and even through it’s “under control” now, my skin is very red like if I had a sunburn. It’s not as itchy any more but it is extremely dry and it burn for a little when I apply moisturizers with Urea like CeraVe or others. Is this normal? Is the first time that happens to me

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:54 pm

Re: Red skin and eczema

I don't have eczema but I do have a red skin flare up around my underarm area: and sometimes it's incredibly itchy. With your skin, perhaps using an aloe vera moisturiser could help? If regular moisturisers leave your skin with a burning sensation, perhaps natural products - like Neil's Yard - could help. It is best to try out alternative skin creams since regular eczema ones irritate and aggravate your skin.

If those skin care products don't work, you're going to have to see a dermatologist. They're expensive, but may be worth your time and money. But give aloe vera cream a go and do try Neil's Yard products. Again, though, if they worsen your skin, stop using them immediately.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:02 am

Re: Red skin and eczema

Hi! It's definitely not normal as eczema skin should not be 'burning'.. neither should it be very red.. do see a dermatologist and watch out for fever symptoms which are then possible signs of bacterial infection.. take care!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

3 posts