Staph infections

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
London2016

by London2016 on Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:18 am

Staph infections

Hi everyone, I've struggled with my severe eczema for many years and it has seriously affected my physical and mental health.

I've been repeatedly getting staph infections (mainly cellulitis, abscesses and boils) for around 8 years or so. I'd estimate I've been on over at least 60 courses of flucloxacillin in that time.

Does anyone else get repeated staph injections?

And does anyone have any advice on preventing then?

Thanks in advance

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:49 am

Re: Staph infections

Hi there! We wash using an anti-bacterial cleanser, like Octenisan and when we see the persistent rashes despite applying topical cream, we may wipe down the skin with chlorhexidine and then moisturize and wrap with tubifast that's soaked with zinc sulphate (prescribed by dermatologist). Staph is just colonizing eczema skin so much that even with all these we are doing, the skin still has staph as verified under skin swap test.. so it's a lot of staph bacteria, which is basically thriving because of the nature of eczema skin... like the mix of dry skin, pH level and humidity just makes them love the eczema skin. So in short, we keep killing them but we make sure that we are still moisturizing the skin while doing so!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:04 pm

Re: Staph infections

I second your post, Marcie Mom.

3 posts