Very itchy/flakey chin and jawline

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
Hellooooo

by Hellooooo on Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:42 pm

Very itchy/flakey chin and jawline

Hi people

I have been using Just For Men Beard dye for a few years. BUT a few months ago i ended up with an allergic reaction to the PPD in it. I have Stopped using it for 3 months now.

Long story short, i now have very dried , flakey skin on my chin, jaw line area. GETS very itchy. I think i have developed some sort of eczema.

My doctor did a telephone conusltation with me and prescribed me hydrochortozone. Which didnt work at the start as it was way too itchy. So he then prescribed me floucinolone acetonide oinment which does calm my itchness down.

I have bought aveeno cream and hydromel emollient cream from the pharmacy. Can i use these both together? Not sure how i should be using these?

I have never had eczema in 40 years of my life. Ive mainly had issues with acne and oily skin. But this dry skin thing is very new to me.. ive noticed when i wash the plates etc my hands feel itchy and dried. ( not flakey) but get red . I think i may be getting dried skin in other body parts.

Any recommendations i would be grateful.

Thank you x

rdcline@glenpoolps.org

by rdcline@glenpoolps.org on Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:16 pm

Re: Very itchy/flakey chin and jawline

I'm 50, never had skin issues other than some poison ivy rashes occasionally. I now have dry lips and area on my chin. PA said to use aquaphor for a week and reaccess. It's been about 4 days and condition is better but not gone. I have no idea why this is suddenly a thing. I received the first 2 pfizer vaccines 2 yrs ago. Not sure if this has changed my body/skin in a bad way. Let me know what works. My next step is dermatologist and steroid cream.

2 posts