Dealing with a teenager

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
Charlotte_armitage@yahoo.co.uk

by Charlotte_armitage@yahoo.co.uk on Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:57 pm

Dealing with a teenager

My 15 year old son started itching his legs in lockdown and since then I haven’t seen his legs for 2 years- he has continued infections as I can see from his bedsheets and clothes also on his arms and chest - it is a massive issue and I’m so worried about him as he point blank refuses to see a doctor. If I try and talk be just shouts at me and he gets so angry . I keep buying stuff off the internet ie creams/wet wraps but I honestly don’t think he cares anymore. We’re going away in about 6 weeks somewhere hot and I just can’t see him wearing shorts or swimming . He eats fairly well , takes probiotics etc but how can I help him if he won’t help himself ? ☹️

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:35 pm

Re: Dealing with a teenager

So sorry to hear that.. If it's infected (reddish, feels warm or oozing), have to see doc and get antibiotics. Cos the eczema skin is easy to be colonized by staph bacteria, we soak in solution to reduce bacteria on alternate day, and use daily antibacterial wash cleanser. And mild steroid lotion to keep flare-up at bay. But for serious case, we find it helpful to see dermatologist to 're-set' the skin cos ownself manage may not be as effective. Take care!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

Charlotte_armitage@yahoo.co.uk

by Charlotte_armitage@yahoo.co.uk on Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:10 pm

Re: Dealing with a teenager

I’m taking him to the doctor next week - it’s having an impact on all of us now so goodness knows how he’s feeling . Thanks for the information

3 posts