Seborrheic Dermatitis

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

32 posts
McDaddy17

by McDaddy17 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:36 pm

Seborrheic Dermatitis

Hi everyone

I was diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis last year and makes my face flare up especially in the cold weather.

I firstly tried various moisturisers to help and discovered that yeast reacts with moisture and causes even worse breakouts!

I saw a dermatologist and she explained about controlling the yeast levels in my body and using Nizoral shampoo about 2-3 times a week to help. I have found that it does make a big difference but it doesn't completely go away as I still suffer from redness on my forehead above the eyebrows and on my cheeks.

I also take one fish oil concentrate tablet daily to try and help with it.

I was wondering if there is anybody out there that has discovered a way to help control the yeast levels and discourage any flare ups or irritations?

I've read various bits of information on the internet.

I appreciate any help guys :-)
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unauthorised urn, check forum rules

McDaddy17

by McDaddy17 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:41 am

Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis

Anyone? :(

Sammie

by Sammie on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:51 pm

Eating live yogurt is ment to be good for controlling yeast. And reducing sugar intake, prevents the growth of yeast.
Give that a try.
Try to not expose your skin to artificial chemicals.
Have you had patch tests?
Have you also tried keeping a food diary, that may help to recognise any triggers.

I wish you well..x

McDaddy17

by McDaddy17 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:21 pm

I haven't had patch tests, might be worth a shot

Yeah I'm currently keeping a food diary but haven't discovered any patterns yet

med1

by med1 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:23 pm

I give up - seborrhoeic dermatitis :(

I won't go too much detail, but I've had seborrhoeic dermatitis on my face for 5 yrs. (Eyebrows, under eyebrows, cheeks, side of nose) It's been an on/off battle and I've tried heaps of scrubs, moisturisers, cleansers and has not really made a difference/made things worse. I've always had an oily face too, but in the past 2 months, I've been getting a very oily face when I wake up, and thoughout the day. Especially on my nose.

What has oddly enough helped was I've been having alot of trouble with blackheads too which are impossible to get out, but I tried Clearasil sea salt scrub which actually cleared my seborrhoeic dermatitis and redness. :shock: Still having many blackhead problems though.

Currently I've been using Aveeno moisturising lotion, and during this time my face has exploded with many, many pimples. White heads, and blackheads. I don't know if I'm having a allergic reation to this lotion or the fact that I've been pretty stressful in the last couple of weeks?

Anyway, I've given up on the lotion, and moved on to Cetaphil gentle cleanser and Cetaphil moisturising lotion. My main problem is still having an extremely oily face, I've tried the OCM, still a very oily face.

Are there any over the counter products to help my oily face? I've been eating very healthy, and tons of water too.

Thankyou for reading.

sharonbaker

by sharonbaker on Wed May 11, 2011 6:09 am

Seborrheic dermatitis is one of the common condition that affect the skin and it is also known as a type of skin disorder. It make the skin look scaly, flaky and greasy ....

qualitee68

by qualitee68 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:55 am

dear sir,kindly tell me the solution for my Seborrheic problem.i have lots of hair which started falling off from past 1 year,6 months back it became worse and i shaved off my hair.whaen new hair started growing that also started loosing along with that eyebrows also started falling.scales,white head king of things started forming on scalp and eyebrows.i consulted first dermatologist he gave desonide and ketaconazole shampoo i used it for 2 months no use.then i went to other doctor who gave salcylic acid,ketoconazole shampoo along with that isotretinoin tablets which caused my lots of my hair turn into white after taking 4 tablets.i stopped it.now i went to homeopath he gave me sulphur,keratin and a combination medicine for dandruff and stopping hair loss but no medicine to cure the desease.my condition is so bad now i lost lots of hair with a patch devoloped at center of scalp and hair line is going back.dandruf gets formed with in 4 hours after taking head bath with itching.i lost lots of eyebrows only few left which we can count scales of skin and white head kind of particles with itching and grease is present.grease and oil also prent on fore head beside eyes and on eye lids.hair is falling if breazze of air touches it.plz tell me the solution for my prblem i beg u.

jacktang

by jacktang on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:22 am

Have you tried a food elimination diet to treat your eczema? Sometimes, this form of eczema can be triggered by the food that you consume.
Jack

PatMurphy

by PatMurphy on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:36 pm

I have went down the supplements route and it did help a little. Steroid creams made my SD a lot worse so I decided to try an alternative healing approach. My forehead, chin and nose were really oil, itchy and had tiny scales of white and I read that this may be caused by a yeast called melissizia. It is certainly worthwhile doing research if you have a skin condition as in my case I came up trumps as it led me to proskin sebderm which has changed my skin and my outlook on life. I have no more white scales, redness or itchiness. My skin is still greasy/oily but not as bad as before and I am praying that this proskin sebderm will help this also. Self help is often the best way to go if you have exhausted the doctor/dermatologist route. Be careful though and only use reviewed skin care products.

healingmyself

by healingmyself on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:12 am

For me the following worked:
I went off dairy and gluten and no heated oils. pretty much as toxin free as possible. the location of your eczema can also tell you which organ in your body is trying to give you a message that something is not right. a detox treatment would be very helpful too. only organic fruit and vegetables.
Once a week accupuncture treatment
I went to a homeopath who tested me for food allergies and what my body was missing. In my case my body needed zinc sulfate and vitamin b12
Kundalini Yoga and meditation twice a week
I also need to watch my breathing pattern to stay stress free. As soon as I get too stressed it flares up.
I put no creams or lotions on my face at all and avoid direct sun exposure.
I drink a lot of pure chlorine, fluoride free water as well. Hope this helps anybody out there.

32 posts