Lack of sleep!!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
AnnaB

by AnnaB on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:22 pm

Lack of sleep!!

Hi how do you manage to get through the day after little or such poor quality sleep either as a sufferer or carer of someone with eczema?

As a parent to 2 young children with eczema I am usually up multiple times during the night, night after night. I was surviving by sleeping in the day, but I have been told by my GP that I must stop this as it will not replace my sleep lost at night and it will actually take away the good of the sleep I do get at night.

The GP suggested respite care for a few nights, but as a single parent this is not an option.

Please share any of your tiredness survival tips as I worry how my kids manage to get through the day :?:
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:40 am

Re: Lack of sleep!!

Hi Anna!

Sorry to hear.. I know! I co-sleep with my girl since she's too big to be swaddled and need help to stop scratching. So, I do sleep earlier with her as opposed to staying up to do my own work. And then can help her once/twice during the night. I find that co-sleeping seems to reduce her scratching on some nights. But I only have one, and stopping at one child too.. some parents shared on managing more than one eczema child on my blog friday series, and I know it's very tough.

My relief (if you can say that!) is when she's ill and has to take cough med, she sleeps much better! And also if I'm sick (which is usually at same time since we co-sleep), I sleep better when I take cough med too!

Hugs,
mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

2 posts