How do I know it's really eczema?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

5 posts
HelloKitty

by HelloKitty on Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:16 am

How do I know it's really eczema?

Hello, I am new and I'm not sure my 17 month old son actually has it or what is going on with him. I was told when he was around 4 mos. that he had mild eczema. He just had some small flesh colored bumps here and there. Now in this past week he is covered on his legs and arms with the same type of bumps some are a little red and severe around his knees and the back of his legs up near his thigh. Also his palms of his hands are inflamed and extremely itchy. I took him back in and another dr. is saying its an allergic reaction to something. He seems to be in a great deal of discomfort. I was prescribed some hydrocortisone *sic cream and ointment which now his fingers have swollen and his feet now seem to itch more. I called back today and was told to get benedryl cream and liquid.

I have looked at pictures of eczema online and he doesn't look like that. So how do you know if it is in fact eczema when I have had two doctors say different things. Also since I was told he had mild eczema I have only used baby detergents for washing his clothes, I use perfume free and hypo allergenic bath wash. I have tried to keep any irratants away from his skin. Any help would be great. Thank you.

kbartlett

by kbartlett on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: How do I know it's really eczema?

It sounds like hives/urtarcia. Particulary as it raised. You should try anit-histamines if you boy is old enough to take them.

wozie

by wozie on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:46 pm

Take your kid to a dermatologist, there is no way you will find out what it is online.

I could be the medication the doctor has prescribed that you kid is allergic to.

curechildeczema

by curechildeczema on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:58 pm

Intense itching is generally the first symptom in most people with eczema. Sometimes, eczema may lead to blisters and oozing lesions, but eczema can also result in dry and scaly skin
Natural Eczema Remedies For Children. Download Free Report at http://www.CureChildEczema.com

curechildeczema

by curechildeczema on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:35 pm

First of all, eczema is not an allergy itself, but allergies can trigger eczema. Some environmental factors such as excessive heat or emotional stress can also trigger the condition. Signs and symptoms of eczema can vary widely during the early phases. Kids with eczema usually develop itchy, dry, red skin and small bumps on their cheeks, forehead, or scalp. The rash may spread to the extremities (the arms and legs) and the trunk, and red, crusted, or open lesions may appear on any area affected.
Natural Eczema Remedies For Children. Download Free Report at http://www.CureChildEczema.com

5 posts