Eczema around my mouth pls help!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
mizzbonita

by mizzbonita on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Eczema around my mouth pls help!

I am 29 years old and recently diagnosed with eczema on my face. I have never suffered with eczema before in my life. It started off as tingling on my lips. I then developed what I thought was a rash on my upper lip. This was around 3 months ago and since then it has developed into what my drs say is eczema.
Currently it is really bad and it covers the whole of my upper lip and now also under my bottom lip. The area surrounding it is swollen, I look like a panda! My skin has darkened and swollen and looks a bit craterish. About a week ago it had almost cleared but now has come back with a vengeance.
I thought it could be antibiotics I am taking long-term for another condition that caused it but my dr's dont think so. I also thought it could be an allergic reaction to something but again my dr's dont think so and beleive it is stress related but why would I randomly get eczema around my mouth when I have never suffered with it anywhere before?
I am also getting it around my eyes now but beleive this started from hayfever. I have been rubbing my eyes alot recently due to hayfever and think it has developed into eczema but so far, around my eyes it is minimal.
My dr has given me steroid cream but I dont like to use it much. I find the sun helps my eczema alot.
I am honestly at my wits end and it is really starting to get me down. Can anyone help or recommend anything please?

sf34_22

by sf34_22 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Eczema around my mouth pls help!

Mizz if you have been prescribed a steroid cream for your problem you are better using it until you have the condition under control then you can go onto gentler products which will soothe.

mizzbonita

by mizzbonita on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:16 pm

I found out I al allergic to the antiobiotics. The drs finally realised when they gave me stronger ones from the same family of antibiotics and I got rashes and swelling on my whole face.
I have stopped taking them and my face is now clear.
If someone never suffered from eczema before and got it randomly it may be worth checking if you are allergic to something.

curechildeczema

by curechildeczema on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:18 pm

Keeping the skin clean and moisturized. Choose a moisturizer that is hypoallergenic and mild on skin. Also avoid foods that could possibly trigger episodes of eczema attack.
Natural Eczema Remedies For Children. Download Free Report at http://www.CureChildEczema.com

4 posts