Eczema

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

6 posts
Pythagoras

by Pythagoras on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:19 am

Eczema

Hello,

I am 13 and have had eczema pretty much since I was 6months. I have it severly on my face, chest, back, neck, legs, genitals & arms. On my face it doesn't tend to ever be itchy on my nose chin or ears, and those parts are my normal skin colour, light brown. The rest of my face is extremely dark brown, and I am itchy there so often. I use aveeno cream, but it only really moisturises, doesn't really do anything. Me and my mum have been to doctors, dermatologists, they haven't helped at all. They just prescribe creams and steroids which make things worse. I might also add I have hayfever, and eczema runs through the family, but no-one as severe as mine. I fear I'm going to have eczema my entire life. My self esteem is extremely lose, I am self conscious where ever I go, school, or whatever. My face is discoloured like I mentioned and perhaps scary. I really just want to be normal, and live a normal life. Please help.

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:20 am

Re: Eczema

Hi
Don't give up. You sound like you have strength in you to get better control so use this to try asking again. You won't cure it but you should be able to control it. I took my son back to the doctor as I was not happy with the dermatologist we saw at the hospital. I just had to ask and we were refered to a different hospial which was the best step we have taken. Could you ask your Mum to go to the GP with you to ask for a different dermatologist at a different hospital it really is that simple.

Also have you ever had patch testing where they put little blobs of cream ingredients on your back under patches it does not hurt but your a bit sticky for 5 days. If your saying your getting worse to creams then they need to see if your reacting to anything in them. Both my children had make up tested at the same time which at your age I think would be very important for you, even to know wearing a little mascara would be ok or not.

Does anyone at school have eczema? Could you talk to them or ask your Mum to talk to their parents. I have made 3 close friends with the parents of children my children play with who also have eczema. It would really help to share with someone near your age, they don't have to be the same school year.

Good luck and keep fighting for help, keep going back again and again.
Anna
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

nadia

by nadia on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:27 pm

I've had eczema since i was 18 months old but only in the last 2 years that i started getting it on my face. It's so hard having it on the face where everyone can see it. I know how bad steroids are and so ive been trying out natural remedies that help keep the eczema under control. Have you tried using coconut oil as a moisturizer? i also use shea butter. they're both amazing. Also, for your discoloration you can try Bio oil, i dont know if you've heard of it. Some people love it others say it doesn't do much but it's worth a try.

I've started a blog where i talk about natural remedies for eczema, check it out and give me your feedback.

http://eczemaskinremedies.com

Hope you found this helpful and good luck with everything
My name is Nadia and I'm an eczema sufferer sharing eczema tips and advice.

ECZEMA BLOG: http://eczemaskinremedies.com
ECZEMA YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/EczemaRemedies/videos
ECZEMA TWITTER: https://twitter.com/eczemaremedies

Pythagoras

by Pythagoras on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Hello Anna,

Thanks a lot. I really do appreciate it. I'll ask my mum, and no I've never been patch tested, I'll ask her about it too.I don't wear Mascara/make up - I'm a boy. lol. And no-one really has eczema, especially on the face. I'm the only one, I feel so alone. People are always staring at me.

Hello Nadia,

Thanks for your input, I'll take a look at your site. :D

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi
Sorry for the gender mix up!! But they tested my son for make up as well as my daughter, lol. It makes sense to check out the creams you are using or other products your coming into contact with. Does your mum use fabric conditioner it is a big no in our family. Also your clothes really need a non biological washing powder. Excuse me if your family already do this. I understand the lonely feeling of eczema, yet at the same time because your skin looks different you almost become public property with peoples looks and comments. I hope your surrounded by strong friends.

Do you get Exchange magazine from the National eczema society?? In the back are support groups you may find one near to where you live. (that is if you are in the UK). Keep an eye on Find a Friend I met a fellow Mum on their and we have become close friends offering great support eachbeing in the same position.

Good luck
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

curechildeczema

by curechildeczema on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:28 pm

Keep the skin clean and moisturized. The ultimate goal for anyone who suffers from eczema is to cure themselves. The ideal situation is to cure eczema using all natural treatments. Several factors are known to trigger or aggravate eczema, and should be avoided. Some of these factors are weather conditions as well as air-borne allergens, certain foods, skin irritants, and stress
Natural Eczema Remedies For Children. Download Free Report at http://www.CureChildEczema.com

6 posts