Is this eczema? Pics included

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

5 posts
chopoffmyfeet

by chopoffmyfeet on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:29 pm

Is this eczema? Pics included

Hi,

I have been suffering now for nearly six months with terribly itchy feet. It started off like hives or bug bites on my feet. They would go down but flare back up when I scratched. They eventually disappeared after a week or so and now my feet itchy mainly at morning and at night. It is unbearable. My family was convinced it was athlete's foot but after trying every cream, powder and spray available it became to seem it must be something else. The tops and bottom of my feet are what itchy...not between my toes. Although my toes sometimes itch, too, but on the bottoms and tops. It has not spread in the six months I have had it. It is strictly limited to my feet.

I have attached pictures, from the very beginning of this problem to my current standpoint. I'm not sure what this is, but it sounds like it might be eczema and I'm hoping someone can tell me what they think.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (104.3 KiB) Viewed 4307 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (89.22 KiB) Viewed 4307 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (99.67 KiB) Viewed 4307 times

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:54 am

Re: Is this eczema? Pics included

Hi,

Any chance you can consult a dermatologist? Eczema usually starts from childhood, any instance of allergic condition when you're young? Does moisturizing, and putting a cool compress help?

Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

artysue

by artysue on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:32 pm

hello just seen the pics ..i would say go to the docters and dont put any thing on them at all until you have been ..i have had eczema 30 years and am now on immunesurpressants and have had some pretty tough times with my skin ..this i would say is hives looks very sore and itchy could be a form of eczema im sure the right cream will clear it up :) all the best sue

eczemtip

by eczemtip on Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:57 am

The outcome of Eczema is irritated, inflamed and even unbroken skin.

Allergic contact dermatitis describes an allergic reaction on the skin resulting in eczema. Symptoms are dry, cracked, flakey skin, red, swollen, rough and even bumpy skin.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: unauthorised URL removed, check forum rules.

meerakannan

by meerakannan on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:14 am

Yes, its eczema. Consult a doctor for the treatments

5 posts