Partner changing products?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

5 posts
yorkshiremurse

by yorkshiremurse on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:12 am

Partner changing products?

I'm 27 and I've suffered with eczema all my life, having some flair ups with my eyelids lately and I've gone back to my dr, really annoyed with my skin!

My girlfriend (bless her) has changed her moisturiser for a paraben free one, but I don't think she understands the extent to which her cosmetics affect my skin , she said she wouldn't want to change her shampoo but I actually found a paraben free one of the brand she likes, but I'm not sure how to handle asking her to change or buying her stuff like that, I think even her facial wipes have parabens in them!

Not sure if it's acceptable to expect someone to change their way of life for my own health?

Has anyone else had to go through this?

It's almost like having allergies/eczema is like having baggage :-(

Any advice would be great.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:58 am

Re: Partner changing products?

Parabens do irritate sensitive skin of some people, I think it's ok to ask... o.w. your partner will have to deal with your flare-up which certainly is distressing not only for the sufferer but for family.

Take care!
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

RihoZNZN

by RihoZNZN on Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi!
I have`t eczema but I have psoriasis and five years ago it really flared up in my joints so I couldn't exercise anymore and two years ago patches started appearing on my skin and under nails. But about a year ago I started taking a new natural Omega 3 North- Europe producer product that was suggested to me and now for all practical purposes my psoriasis is gone. I measure Omega 3 effect and Omega 6:3 ratio due to its importance. I use a blood test from leading laboratories. They analyze the sample to determine your fatty acid profile as a reflection on your diet (the ratio and several other data). For example my first test ratio was 8,4:1, second after four months 3,4:1 and third a year later 1,6:1.

Denise08

by Denise08 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:09 pm

I have eczema on my both legs and extreme weather and stress trigger it. To get rid from this skin disorder I learned to detoxify. Detoxification eliminates toxin from our body. Stress also trigger the attack of eczema that is why relaxation and meditation are important because these are antidotes to stress.

5 posts