New here

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
zerocaller

by zerocaller on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:16 am

New here

Hello all

I just recently found out that I have eczema. I had a real bad "flare up" over the Easter holiday and went to a dermatologist only to find out that I have eczema. I am 30 years old and to my knowledge I have never had allergies. I have no idea what caused my flare up, but I do not wish this on anyone. I have a rash all over my right arm. The worst part is on my wrist, I have a throbbing pain on the top of my wrist every time I get up and my arm is at my side. It sucks to have this but I am trying to remain positive. I have a follow up visit to see how I am doing and then I am going to have a test conducted to see what I am allergic to.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:51 am

Re: New here

Keep us updated on the allergy test, it is the right route to take to figure out what your triggers are, so that you can better manage. I suppose it's either skin prick or IgE test for allergy. On the other hand, if there's no trigger tested positive, and given that hand eczema happens to adult quite often in the form of contact dermatitis, you may wish to request for a patch test too. This test is more for delayed hypersensitivity as opposed to allergy due to immune system.

Do take care,
Mei
p.s. drop by my blog if you'd like to read up on allergy test
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

sunny81

by sunny81 on Wed May 14, 2014 4:55 pm

Wish you the best on your allergy tests. We're here if you need us! ;)
Sunny81

lindsayjacob

by lindsayjacob on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:59 pm

Hey there! I've had severe eczema all my life and the best thing to do is to keep everything clean to avoid infection, make sure you moisturizer a lot! Try to remain stress free because it triggers eczema. I know that's super difficult, because you can't really chose how much you need to work and stuff but it's the best thing. I'm almost done with my freshman year(thank God) but it was super stressful. If it starts to flare up again. Close your eyes and just breathe, the best way to feel better is to take a nice luke warm bath(hot baths dry out the skin) and for you maybe put a little bit of Apple cider vinegar and/or olive oil. Apple cider vinegar kills off bacteria and infection(if u don't have any, just use olive oil.) Try to maintain a steady diet, maybe cut down on dairy products because it's known to trigger eczema, and try to make sure your blankets clothing(everything) is made out of cotton. It's a lot of stuff to watch out for, but if you just got eczema, and it's only on the one arm, I think with proper care and maintenance it's possible to get rid of it, or a least keep it very minimal:) I hope you feel better :D

4 posts