Scars on hands.

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
Michaelfd

by Michaelfd on Tue May 06, 2014 12:44 am

Scars on hands.

I've had a problem for the last year, picking at my hands, but Ive been doing it that long, always picking before it heals properly, and doing this time and time again, I'm afraid it is going to take along time for any scaring to go away. Basically, Its always been an open wound so to speak.(under control now - stopped picking, letting it heal... CBT.)

Is there anything l can use to help it calm down sooner? I've been using bio-oil for about a month now, with no luck, although I'm aware it can take months for this to work.

Really I'm just after any other ideas.

Thanks for any help.

Michael

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Tue May 06, 2014 4:25 am

Re: Scars on hands.

Hi!

Sorry to hear about the hands.. how about wearing Tubifast gloves? Esp at night, with emollient? Have interviewed them on my blog, can read up if interested.

Take care!
Mei
p.s. also patch test, and avoid what's triggering the flare-up :)
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

sunny81

by sunny81 on Wed May 07, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: Scars on hands.

I probably wouldnt use bio-oil being fragranced. I would just moisturise with an unscented lotion like Aveeno or Cetraben.

Also look up Dermasilk. I use their clothing and its great. Its available on NHS prescription in the UK and pretty sure they do gloves.
Sunny81

3 posts