eczema

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

5 posts
bropen30

by bropen30 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:39 pm

eczema

hi wonder if anyone could help I have a 7 month little girl and she has really bad eczema the doctor has given me hydromol ointment for night time and cetraben for the day and oilatum for the bath will this help many thanks

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:30 am

Re: eczema

Hi! My daughter has eczema too, what your doc has given is to moisturize the skin and moisturizing is important. It should be done after shower, within 3 mins preferably.
If this doesn't help, you may want to request for an allergy test so that the doc can hopefully figure out what's triggering the flare-ups and then you can take steps to avoid it.
Eczema well-controlled should not be flaring up all the time and once weeping, blisters, do look out for signs of infection like fever.
Hugs,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

bropen30

by bropen30 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:31 pm

thank u mei what the doc has given us its working really well thanks for ur reply hugs penny x

meerakannan

by meerakannan on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:11 am

Some natural remedies for eczema,

. Coconut Oil
. Sea Spray
. Fermented Cod Liver Oil
. Magnesium Baths
. Probiotics

David147

by David147 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:29 pm

You need to encourage to see a skin doctor and immediately. He will have scars for life from scratching and digging at the areas. Point out to him he is far too handsome to accumulate those awful scars. I don't know if he can be cured, but certainly he can be helped by the doctor.

5 posts