Welcome Pack Concern

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
Kirsty1964

by Kirsty1964 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:42 am

Welcome Pack Concern

After several weeks waiting I finally received my long awaited Welcome Pack from talk eczema. I was more than dismayed to see that one of the samples was Epaderm Cream which contains SLS making it no better than aqueous cream in my opinion. Can you tell me why you are promoting this when it is so well documented that SLS has a detrimental effect on eczema? The only conclusion I can come to is that the company pays you to promote its product?

Thank you.

Kirsty

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: Welcome Pack Concern

Hi Kirsty and thank you for your posting.

The Welcome Packs are designed to provide our members with a chance to try samples and read about information they may not have had the opportunity to find out about before. I am aware that some eczema sufferers are sensitive or allergic to ingredients within products and we would always recommend patch testing on a small area of the body before using any new product in larger quantities.

At talkhealth we are always impartial. Our aim is to bring you the widest range of information we can so that you can make informed choices. Whilst I appreciate and understand you may be allergic to SLS not all patients are - both products within the pack are used widely by lots of eczema sufferers without any adverse reactions.

With regard to your comparison of the sample against aqueous cream - it is well documented that aqueous cream should not be used as a moisturiser and left in contact with the skin as it can aggravate eczema. What is not widely documented is that aqueous cream was designed as a wash product not an emollient product. Therefore, it would not be appropriate to compare aqueous cream and Epaderm cream in this context.

We always encourage our members to pass on their opinions and experiences through our forums. However, it is the decision of each recipient of the pack whether or not they choose to use the samples. Clearly if a patient has an allergy to a known ingredient, we would never recommend they try or use that product.

I would be very interested to hear from other people who have tried the samples in the Welcome Packs so we can get a balanced view.

What works for one eczema patient may not necessarily work for another - this is one of the main reasons for providing the packs - to give people chance to try something new.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Deborah Mason
Founder - talkhealth
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

lucyconnor

by lucyconnor on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:52 am

I've been using Epaderm on my 4 year old son, who is regularly admitted to hospital on Iv's his Eczema is so severe, and it is very good!

Jenny89

by Jenny89 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:09 pm

I have just received my welcome pack today, which I am very grateful for as it's not every day you can get something free without a catch!!!

I am 21 and have suffered from eczema since I was little. I could not tell you how many creams I have had to try but I am still waiting for one that works.

The epaderm seems to sooth my skin and does not leave it greasy but the balneum made my skin sting as soon as I put it on. For me it is trial and error but I am just please I have been given the opportunity to try two new creams without having to pay for yet another prescription.

Thanks very much talkeczema!!!!!!

:D

4 posts