Eczema on my feet for 3 years now

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

5 posts
Rosalee Cunningham

by Rosalee Cunningham on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:08 am

Eczema on my feet for 3 years now

Hi! My name is Rosalee and I am new to this forum so please bear with me if I am repeating someone else's post. I have eczema on the bottom of my feet. It can be unbearable! They get dry no matter how much I moisturize. Then the skin cracks and bleeds and it becomes quite painful to walk. The skin gets very thick. But the itching is the worst! Sometimes it is so bad it actually wakes me up at night. Lately I've noticed my scalp itching a lot as well. In 2004 I had a subarachnoid hemorrhage and although I was very lucky to survive, it had an affect on my immune system. I think this left me vulnerable to the eczema. I had hoped to find some natural remedies. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:56 am

Re: Eczema on my feet for 3 years now

Hugs and sorry to hear of your skin problems; I can think of using an ointment for very dry skin along with one that can restore lipids in the skin. Also try wet wrapping.
Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

lindsayjacob

by lindsayjacob on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:39 pm

Hey Rosalee:) I think the best choice for you is to take some Benedryl at the night time, and try to find a very good moisturizer. There are great moisturizers at the eczema websites. You just have to research and find what's right for you:) once you get your moisturizer you should coat the bottoms of your feet with a thick(very thick) layer of moisturizer and tie a plastic bag around your feet. Leave in overnight, and when you wake up your feet will feel smoother. Wash regularly with a hydrating body wash, and do this treatment at least a couple times a week, if not everyday until it gets better. Once it gets better moisturizer a few times a day regularly. I hope you feel better! :D

David147

by David147 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:50 pm

Excema is extremely dry skin. You need to start using mositurizing soaps like dove and excema lotions also try to change your socks during the day. The sweat from you feet can dry you skin out. don't use powders on your foot right now.... Excema itches though not hurt. I don't have it on my feet though maybe it does something diffrent on the feet.

Hutch118

by Hutch118 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:25 pm

Sorry to hear that Rosalee, I have exactly the same thing and lived with it in and off all my life now. It's was gone in my teens and only came back mid forties. Some days I find it very hard to walk as well.
Aveeno cream is a good moisturiser I find and available on prescription. I use it at night and in the mornings.

5 posts