PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HEEELLP!!!!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

7 posts
bonfish

by bonfish on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:15 am

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HEEELLP!!!!

Hi there everyone was wondering if anyone can help me ive had eczema for my whole life but from my neck down i havent had it serious for over 2 years, but my dam face is atrocious! :evil: My skin was wonderful 2 years ago and then i started to get some redness on my cheeks, then it turned into bright red bumps on my face that felt all spongy now my whole face is red but there is a line where it stops and some of my face is white (normal) i use cetamacgrogol cream with 10% glycerine to moisturise all over and i take evening primrose oil , i have used steroids in the past when everything gets too much but i would rather not use them anymore not even topical steroids the after effects for me are just not worth it ive tried everything - elidel which didnt seem to work, steroids, other moisturisers but they seem to sting my face. My skin seems to be better in the morning but after i have a shower and moisturise it turns red and wont go away i cant cover with makeup because when i remove the makeup i have to scratch my face to bits right now my face skin is very dry and bright red and it wasnt like this a few days ago it changed when i went out and mowed my lawn in the sun. I aslo have a very tight and puffy face when i wake up in the morning, Im absolutely beside myself with this nothing seems to work and im constantly looking in mirrors to see if its got any better its horrible i stay inside and find work very stressful any ideas would be very welcome thanks :D :D
Last edited by bonfish on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HEEELLP!!!!

Hi
Your symptoms sound similar to my son. His eczema reacts to sun light so his hands, face and neck are always bad. He avoids as much direct sun as possible, does not go out without a hat and wears factor 50 sun cream even now in April. Have you tried protopic?? My children have stepped up to it after trying elidel.
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

bonfish

by bonfish on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:54 pm

hi anna yep ive tried elidel also but didnt seem to really do anything really did you have your son tested to find that out or? ive also looked up glycerine allergy as this is in all of the moisturisers ive had since day one and was thinking maybe its because ive been using it for so long its hard to say if mine reacts when out in sun all the time but as for the lawn mowing inciden well that could have been the sun or the grass elimination is hard when you have to endure day to day life as well i just wish i had an answer to this thanks for the reply =)

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:00 pm

Hi

If you react when cutting the lawn and not just the sun then i'd suggest grass allergy. Both my kids have been tested for everything. Skin patch, skin prick and bloods. My son is allergic to grass and sun!! The kids bother respond much bteerto Protopic than elidel and combine its use at night with steroids by day. Balnace often works well
AnnaB
Forum Moderator

bonfish

by bonfish on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:52 am

hi anna yea i do have a grass allergy but my face came up like sunburn after the lawnmowing so maybe it is the sun? how does one get tested to find out if they are allergic to light? also i have used steroids heavily my whole life was wondering if my skin had been so damaged that its just super sensitive and needs some decent time to heal im due for allergy tests soon so fingers crossed thanks anna =)

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:16 am

Hi
My son often looks like he is burnt on his face. He takes cetiriize all year round. He gains great comfort from having a. Chillow on his pillow at night. I think it was diagnosed through close detailed medical history. He has had 2 lots of patch tests the 2nd lot were combined with exposure to UV.
AnnaB
Forum Moderator

Jaydean

by Jaydean on Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Hey,
Very good points made by anna, I would stay out of the sun, obviously you cannot completely stay out of it. But being in the sun for prolonged periods is not good for us eczema sufferers, especially in this country (UK). Also, cutting grass is a no no, i tend to be okay if I take a Piriton or other anthihistamine beforehand, but even then I avoid grass unless absolutely necessary. I find that when i go abroad my skin loves the sun, and tends to clear up completely, especially on carribean holidays, but when I get back to UK, eczema comes back strong.

Have you been on holiday and had the same experiences with the skin on your face?

My skin is very sensitive, had a patch test for everything and came back negative for everything. Then had a blood test and turns our im allergic to alot of foods. Pester your doctor for a blood/patch test, and if he doesnt surrender, go to another doctor, if you push hard enough you wont have to pay for it.

Ive used steroid creams my whole life too, and theyre not good. Its about finding a balance, use the steroid to get your skin under control (stop flare ups) then cut it out gradually and use Protopic/moisturiser. I read that we are supposed to moiturise 5/6 times a day if necessary, which is all good, but when juggling f/t job, children, its not so easy. My daughter actually gets involved in creaming me, shes only 2, I hate her seeing me like it but she wont take no for an answer.

7 posts