Bad Face Eczema

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

5 posts
dancer1234

by dancer1234 on Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:21 pm

Bad Face Eczema

Hello,

I am a 15 year old girl (nearly 16) who has suffered from eczema since a child.I lived in New Zealand for 8 years and have never had a problem. Having come back to the UK with my family, my eczema has worsend. I have it under my nose, on my mouth, under my mouth and on my neck. I have it slightly on my arms but it is nothing. On my face it is very scaley, sore , cracked, flaky, always dry and looks very inflamed. It makes me very moody and stressed. It is also very embarrasing and hurts so much.

Being a dancer and a young girl, it is very had to cope with as it takes over my life and always becomes a priority- instead of learning school work I have to keep applying cream that calms it for a few mintues. No one seems to understand that I have literally tried everything. I have used steriods however it thins your face and I dont want to end up with very thin skin one day. I have tried heaps of different creams and herbal creams. I am taking omega oils and Biocult.

I saw a herbalist about 2 months ago and recieved food advice and a herbal medicine that I take everyday however it does not seem to be doing anything.

I would really appericiate any miracle advice that would help me get better and not have to suffer like this anymore...

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:23 am

Re: Bad Face Eczema

Hugs. Have you been able to find a dermatologist to work with in the UK? Consider testing for allergens unique to UK, say pollen? Not sure if water makes a difference..though hard water has not been tested to make a difference, many eczema sufferers feel that softener the water helps. Maybe patch testing as well? Just in case there are ingredients in the products you're using that you're sensitive to, esp. as you've been using more.

Take care and there are support groups in the UK, maybe consider joining one and see if you have referral to doctors who care and can work with you?

Get better soon, more hugs from Singapore :)
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

dancer1234

by dancer1234 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:12 am

Thank you Mei,

I have seen a dermatologist and she has given me creams that trap the heat on my face so they dont seem to work. She also gave me a QV body wash however I dont use it on my face as it tends to sting and burn. She also has recently given me Protopic however I seem to have had a bad side effect to it. My face felt like it was on fire and it hurt so much so I have stop using it.

I will have a look into skin testing- I have been thinking about doing it for awhile.
When I stayed in Singapore for a few days, because the water is so soft, it was sooo good on my face and it became better until I came back to the hard water in the UK.
xx

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:43 am

Hope you liked your stay in Singapore :)

Should definitely consider patch testing and allergy testing.. it may give you some clues as to what's triggering the flare-up.

Hugs and keep us posted,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

David147

by David147 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:25 pm

Your situation remind me of mine when i was a victim of eczema. Now i am free from it thanks to natural remedies. I wish you good luck :)

5 posts