Dancer with eczema on face

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
dancer1234

by dancer1234 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:41 pm

Dancer with eczema on face

Hi all,

As a dancer I find it especially hard to cope with eczema. I have it on my face badly around the nose area. It's constantly inflammed and looking red as well as being scaly, dry and often flaky. Obviously with dance I sweat and that irritates the eczema even more. I loose my self- confidence when looking in the mirror and seeing myself on a day to day basis. I am quite confident but there are those moments when you sit and almost cry for an eczema free life. I've literally tried everything to help cure my eczema in the long run but nothing will work. I do accept that I have eczema but I just want to be rid of it. Currently I'm using coconut oil during the evening and mornings and a light herbal based cream during the day. Please please comment any suggestions of what to do because I'm willing to try anything at this point to live an eczema free life.
Thanks xx

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:45 am

Re: Dancer with eczema on face

Sorry to hear that.. wondering if you have taken any allergy testing or patch testing? Maybe can provide some answers for you.. and sometimes always using the same cream/oil can also lead to sensitization over time and rashes. Hope you find some relief soon and best to your dancing!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

hello1234

by hello1234 on Wed May 30, 2018 5:10 am

Re: Dancer with eczema on face

Hello, as another young person with eczema on my face (i'm a gymnast), I was wondering what you do about it? I generally use aquaphor day and night to prevent the dryness and am going gluten free along with staying away from all my allergies because I'm allergic to a lot of food. Any ideas?

3 posts