Unbearable Eczema!

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

6 posts
Tiguanator

by Tiguanator on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:06 am

Unbearable Eczema!

I've had eczema all my life and around the age of 7 it cleared up completely. Over the past 2 years it's come back with a vengeance and my skin is now red and extremely painful! I keep being given steroid creams which work and then as soon as I stop using them the eczema comes back 10x worse! :(

I now refuse to use steroid creams and recently my skin is turning red and painful and doesn't have the look of my typical eczema (not cracked or weeping etc) I feel so ugly and no longer wear anything that shows off my chest/neck area. Does anyone know anything that can help me??

Tiguanator

by Tiguanator on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:07 am

Re: Unbearable Eczema!

I have tried adding a photo not sure if it's visible?

EllielouiseVV

by EllielouiseVV on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:38 pm

Hello,

What really helped me was warm (not hot!) baths in Dermaveen bath and shower oil. Sitting in a bath helped my skin calm down, specifically when I had broken and dry skin. For the redness I can recommend using cooling creams or oils you would usually put on a sunburn. It helps cool down the redness and helps with any heat that comes off the sore areas.

Unfortunately, that's all I can really offer you. I hope it starts feeling better soon. When you have a flare up and don't know what to do, you feel so stuck and helpless. But that is where your support system comes in. That's when you need to keep going back to the doctor or dermatologist. Try your hardest not to let your skin define your self-worth. It is easier said then done but I believe you can do it.

I used to repeat these words to myself and they might help you.
I am strong and I am beautiful.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:54 am

numerous kids find their side effects normally improve as they age. The primary medicines for atopic dermatitis are: emollients (creams) - utilized consistently to stop the skin becoming dry. skin corticosteroids - creams and balms used to decrease enlarging and redness during eruptions

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:46 am

EllielouiseVV wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:38 pm
Hello,

What really helped me was warm (not hot!) baths in Dermaveen bath and shower oil. Sitting in a bath helped my skin calm down, specifically when I had broken and dry skin. For the redness I can recommend using cooling creams or oils you would usually put on a sunburn. It helps cool down the redness and helps with any heat that comes off the sore areas.

Unfortunately, that's all I can really offer you. I hope it starts feeling better soon. When you have a flare up and don't know what to do, you feel so stuck and helpless. But that is where your support system comes in. That's when you need to keep going back to the doctor or dermatologist. Try your hardest not to let your skin define your self-worth. It is easier said then done but I believe you can do it.

I used to repeat these words to myself and they might help you.
I am strong and I am beautiful.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
This post is excellent. I'd take this advice.

ayassresearch

by ayassresearch on Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:56 pm

You might consider non-steroidal approaches for managing your eczema. Regularly moisturizing with hypoallergenic products can help maintain skin hydration. Keeping a journal to identify potential triggers, such as allergens or stress, could be useful. Using fragrance-free cleansers might prevent skin irritation. Discuss non-steroidal creams like topical calcineurin inhibitors with a dermatologist

6 posts