Eczema on penis - made worse by diprobase

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

7 posts
sraskogr

by sraskogr on Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:48 pm

Eczema on penis - made worse by diprobase

Hello all, I'm 19 years old and have what I believe is eczema on my penis and scrotum of all places. I've suffered from eczema before on my arms and legs and managed to fend it off solely by applying Aveeno lotion to these areas, and now my arms and legs are virtually eczema free. Before I started using Aveeno, I was prescribed Diprobase by my GP and eventually realised this wasn't working, thinking my body probably got used to the cream or something (I now realise it wasn't just not working, but it was probably making it worse too).
When I noticed I was getting eczema on my penis and scrotum, I started using Aveeno on it but found it wasn't doing anything. After reading that it's better to use thicker creams rather than lotions, yesterday I decided to use Diprobase, stupidly forgetting why I switched to Aveeno in the first place. I had a bad reaction to the cream and my penis and scrotum burnt like Hell. I washed it off in the shower and it felt better after that then I went to bed. However, today I found my penis has swollen.
I have ordered some Aveeno cream (as opposed to lotion) and hydrocortisone which should arrive this Friday, although I'm hesitent to use steroid cream down there, is it safe? I've also arranged a doctor's appointment.
Has anyone else experienced something similar? What should I do? It is very irritating and painful and I'm losing sleep as a result and I didn't go into university today because of it, I'm worried it will affect my academic performance. It took me quite a long time to be free of my eczema on my arms and legs, I really don't want to have to endure this for long.
Any advice or words of consolement would be appreciated,
Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: Eczema on penis - made worse by diprobase

Hi sraskogr

Thank you for your post.

We are sorry to hear about your problems but it is good that you have got a GP appointment to ensure that you get the correct medication. Please have a look at our free support programme myeczema for help and advice and obviously our forums.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

sraskogr

by sraskogr on Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:27 pm

Thanks for the reply,

Just an update, I received my Aveeno dermexa emollient cream today and it works a lot better than the previous lotion/cream at tackling dryness and itchiness. However, it seems to be making the swelling worse. When I woke up this morning and got out the shower just earlier the swelling went down a bit but started swelling again after I put on the cream. I put some of the cream on my arm to test it and there was no reaction, so I'm not sure if my penis is reacting to it or if it's just being sensitive or something.

Should I stop using it? If so, what would you suggest I use instead? Or should I keep using it until I've seen my GP?

Thanks again.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi sraskogr

Thanks for the update, I'm glad your cream has now arrived.

I would recommend you stop using the cream if it is making your penis swell. Are you able to get an emergency dr's appointment today? Otherwise I would recommend stop using the cream until your doctor's appointment and see what they recommend.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

BOTIX661

by BOTIX661 on Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:44 am

Hi, you can use cold pressed olive oil, after showering , while still wet, put about 1tblspn in the palm of your hand and rub your palm together, then rub all over your body, then towel dry as usual. AMAZING RESULTS.
GOOD LUCK, ps raw shea butter with no additives works very well on dry patches. if you rub it in your palms it melts and is more managable to work with. :D

Dedken90

by Dedken90 on Tue May 26, 2020 11:07 pm

I can here to look for possible solutions because I have had the same problem. For over a year I have had eczema on my penis and scrotum. I did an allergy test to find out if it could have been contact dermatitis and found I was allergic to multiple things. I eliminated all of those things and continued to break out in a viscous weeping rash. I tried steroid injections saw temporary relief then it worsened then I used topical steroids and they thinner the skin and the condition got worse. I tried Protopic and saw no permanent results. My eczema literally halted my sex life and caused a lot of self esteem issues.

I was at a loss from the insanity of the treatments not working and I decided to try out some research I had done on natural remedies (couldn’t hurt to try I was already past misery). I made a tonic spray with three ingredients.

1 part tea treat essential oil ( Natural antibacterial and good for eczema)

3 parts Sweet almond oil ( Great moisturizer and helps thicken thin skin)

The rest plain old filtered water

I put that mixture in a spray bottle and shook it up before each application and the rash is gone. I’ve used it for three days and I am still using it just in case so it stays healed. I’m going to stop use at the end of the week and see if it stays gone.

I just wanted to post this because I know this condition is more common than we know and if it worked for me it can work for someone else.

Thanks

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:25 am

Dermatitis is more normal in uncircumcised guys. Erupting on the top of the penis, additionally called the glans is possible. It is essential to realize that dermatitis on the penis is frequently like other skin conditions like

7 posts