21 Year Old Sufferring from acute eczema

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
uday.shivamurthy

by uday.shivamurthy on Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:59 am

21 Year Old Sufferring from acute eczema

Hi all,
My 21 year old son as been suffering from very acute eczema. He has tried all forms of steroid based allopathy medications. We consulted a Homeopath in Sydney and tried several of those medications as well. Tried zinc based vitamins, nothing seems to have helped him. I'm planning on taking him to Kerala for a detailed ayurvedic treatment.

An thoughts/recommendations would be deeply appreciated

loisemily

by loisemily on Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:54 am

Re: 21 Year Old Sufferring from acute eczema

Hello!

I’m also 21 and completely gets how he feels. Have you tried patch/allergy testing to eliminate any allergens that his skin could be allergic to? I found out that I was allergic to dust mites (through a blood test) and now I wash my bedding/clothes really regularly which seems to be helping.

Lois

mousie123

by mousie123 on Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:43 am

I have struggled with eczema my entire life. I am now 53 and have the condition "under control" One of the worst times was in my early 20s. I think it has to do with hormones since I also had extra trouble when I was pregnant and at 45 years of age. My advice is do what ever makes you feel comfortable. That might be staying cool. Airconditioning helps me and my nephew. Paraphin cream is the best moisturiser and can be used as often as you like. Antihistamines are good too.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:01 am

If eczema is the result of a faulty skin barrier, adulthood itself may also be a contributing factor. "As we age, our skin's barrier is less effective at retaining moisture and repairing itself," says Finney. In fact, there's even a whole form of eczema, asteatotic eczema, that often develops from dry skin in adults.

4 posts