Teenage son with sudden flare up

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
Joanne Danby

by Joanne Danby on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:13 am

Teenage son with sudden flare up

Hi, My 20 year old son has just been diagnosed with Discoid Excema. The skin affected is arms, tops of legs and the sides of his torso. He started with it a couple of months ago and had blood tests. The Doctor said it was due to binge drinking at weekends. He drinks no alcohol during the week but I suspect like lots of teenagers, he does go out at weekends and has a few heavy nights mow and again. The Doctor told him to use hydrochortison and E45. Hes been doing that and only using the hydrochortisone cream sparingly but to be honest its just been getting worse. He has virtually stopped drinking too apart from an odd night over Christmas. I finally got him to go to the doctors again today and they have said now that he has Discoid excema. They have prescribed some stronger steroid cream and non-soap product for washing. I am just wondering if anyone has any other advice that can help us. Also, strange I know but for approx. 10 months his usually thick hair has gone really quite thin. Has anyone else had this - just wondered if there was a connection. His scalp isn't affected by the excema.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Teenage son with sudden flare up

Hi Joanne Danby,

Thanks for your post on the forum regarding your sons flare up. It must be really worrying for you as his mum.

Unfortunately we can not give out specific medical information about this condition but you may find this link to a previous discussion useful?; https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/f ... 37&t=14080

Hope he gets some relief of the symptoms soon.

Regards,

tallkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts