red areas still there 6weeks treatment is this usual

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

5 posts
itchycoo

by itchycoo on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:16 pm

red areas still there 6weeks treatment is this usual

after 9/12 diagnosed with nummular eczema had strong cortisone cream 2 weeks medium strength 2weeks
a further week of medium cream and emollients tried 4 all made skin itchy or dried it out I have red places about size if 5piece coin not fading do you think I may have infection in skin and what do I do next

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:04 am

Re: red areas still there 6weeks treatment is this usual

Hi! Am not familiar with it but you can consider trying an antiseptic like chlorhexidine gluconate diluted and then moisturize, or an antimicrobial cleanser? Some of these may be drying, so be sure to moisturize, but generally helpful to prevent staph bacteria infection, take care!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

Momma6454

by Momma6454 on Fri May 03, 2019 3:55 am

I suffered with eczema for about 15 years, and a few months ago I started spray tanning, and salon owner commented on how dry my skin was and she asked me what kind of body wash I used. I responded that I use dove, and she said that dove is the worst thing for your skin, so I immediately went on the search for a new body wash. I started using the Shea Moisture 100% Virgin Coconut oil body wash and to my unexpected surprise, I have not had another eczema breakout since. My skin is clear as can be. See attached photo. I hope this product will help others as it has changed my life!!
Attachments
20190502_214825.jpg
20190502_214825.jpg (244.91 KiB) Viewed 14215 times

Rachel s

by Rachel s on Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:38 pm

Hello everyone im new on here and dnt really know were to start....i have pompholyx eczema in the palms of both hands and im just cant cope with it. Little blisters form in my palms that are itchy then they grow and burst leaving me with holes and very sore dry cracked skin...ive tried alot but it is now effecting my work and home life. Im feeling very self conscious and im not like this. Please can anyone help me

Rachel s

by Rachel s on Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:41 pm

Hello everyone im new on here and dnt really know were to start....i have pompholyx eczema in the palms of both hands and im just cant cope with it. Little blisters form in my palms that are itchy then they grow and burst leaving me with holes and very sore dry cracked skin...ive tried alot but it is now effecting my work and home life. Im feeling very self conscious and im not like this. Please can anyone help me

5 posts