Fish Intolerance??

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
anj100

by anj100 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Fish Intolerance??

Hi, I'm new to this website/forum, but would love some advise.

I already have a daughter with many allergies/intolerances, she also has Eosinophic Disease. My son (11 months) seems okay, apart from a dairy intolerance. From birth he had really terrible eczema on his face, but after weaning him it seemed to disappear. I have noticed though, after eating white fish, it comes back. I gave him fish yesterday and tolday, and the eczema is slowing getting worse again. I also noticed this a few weeks back too.

Can white fish cause eczema - or is this an intolerance to fish. I know fish is high on the list of allergies, fortunately my daughter can eat white fish, but not salmon/prawns etc. I hope this isn't the start of his intolerances/allergies coming out!!

Does anyone else know of a connection between fish and eczema?

hewmi13

by hewmi13 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:52 am

Re: Fish Intolerance??

Growing up, I found out that I was allergic to catfish and the imelda fish. I first learned that I was allergic to imelda when my folks grilled this huge fish which was a fresh catch. I had trouble breathing right after 2 spoonfuls of the fish.

I got really scared with it because it was really hard to breathe to the point that you would start thinking that the passage way would turn completely shut.

bertyolmer

by bertyolmer on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:14 am

Re: Fish Intolerance??

your son should eat a tomato and check out if he get's the same symptoms as he eats prawns or so!
If he get's the symptoms you should go to your allergist for histamine intolerance check. Fish, fruits and many vegetables are high in histamine causing by the process of ripen. I know a lot about it because I'm sensitive! ;D I also would recommend by a diagnosis of having a histamine intolerance a dietary supplement called Daosin. I'm using it for almost one year, and I'm really happy with it :)

so try it out...!

3 posts