Rotation Diet Questions

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
reneearnold

by reneearnold on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:30 pm

Rotation Diet Questions

Hello, I have Leaky Gut and have to follow a Rotation Diet. I've been researching and planning and almost have my mind wrapped around it. But, I have some questions.

1. Since I am new, I feel like rotating the spices I cook with is just going to be the straw that broke my camel's back. I have already planned my meals around rotating genetic food families (with the exception of spices). How critical is it to rotate spices? Do I really need to just suck it up from the get go?

2. Coconut milk: I've noticed that there are coconut "drinks" in nice cartons, great for pouring on cereal etc. And then there is coconut "milk" found in cans that seems to remind me of children's paste (in looks, not taste) and a little watery substance. When a recipe, for instance pancakes, calls for "coconut milk", is it sufficient to use the neat and tidy coconut "drink"? Or do I really need to use the canned, weird, coconut "milk"?

3. Lemons: Citrus (ie lemons) are not on the same day as my pancake day, nor my spinach day. So, I can't make an alternative buttermilk with lemon juice (nor have lemon on my spinach - which I can learn to get over ;)). I'm not actually sensitive to lemons. If I know I am not sensitive to something, can I go ahead and use it more often?

4. Gluten: The only thing on my blood test that I was actually allergic to was gluten. Whereas, a wide variety of things fell into a borderline category which is what my naturopath said indicated leaky gut, or as I translated it, just allergic to food in general ;)). My question is, do I still include gluten in my 4 day food rotation? Or since I know that I am allergic to it, do I leave it out entirely?

Lastly, I have been desperately hunting for a forum of some kind to get advice and ask the many questions I have on this journey. I finally found the this place, but don't know how active it is, nor whether this is even the appropriate place to ask these questions. If anyone can suggest other communities who can answer questions about food allergies and rotation diets, please recommend them to me :). Thank you!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:06 pm

Re: Rotation Diet Questions

Hi,

Thank you for your post and welcome to talkhealth!

We hope that you find the right answers on your journey. We also run online clinics on all conditions where we have medical experts who can answers your questions, so please do check regularly.

talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Devisissy

by Devisissy on Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:08 pm

Re: Rotation Diet Questions

I don't know if I will be much help but I can tell you a few things. It's been a few years of testing before they finally found out what was going on.

After the most obvious tests, fecal, CT, biopsy, colonoscopy, ruling out cancers, IBS, Crohn's, and infection. After finding nothing obvious for my symptoms I was referred to a doctor that specializes in allergies. He was very professional and through. Going over each of my symptoms and when I noticed them. That first visit lasted a little over an hour.

The first thing I asked was can I just have my blood tested? This to me seemed the easiest way to get immediate relief if it was an allergy. Upsettingly the doctor explained that blood tests for allergies is not the standard and they are extremely hard to interpret. He went on to explain some things will show positive for an allergy but actually is not, or vice versa, which in my case could be very dangerous (anaphylaxis). The biggest issue was it's expensive and insurance does not recognize this test so they would not pay for it.

So I think in your case I would get a second opinion, it will make your life so much easier if you can rule out the false positives. I have never heard of leaky gut or a rotation diet. I will consider asking about them next week when I meet with the dietitian for the first time.

My allergy is wheat and gluten from wheat. It took a while to diagnose because wheat allergies in adults are rare. So my doctor did the most common eliminations first, dairy, eggs, proteins. I get sores in my mouth area, lips, hives, severe asthma, extreme cramping and diarrhea. I was just diagnosed officially on Tuesday and my life is going to drastically change and I am very frightened.

I hope you find the answers you need, I can only hope your doctor is as through as mine.

3 posts