All over itch (bowel/coffee/gym triggers)

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Garry111

by Garry111 on Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:32 am

All over itch (bowel/coffee/gym triggers)

Hi,
2013 for most of the year I had developed an all over body itch that seemed to itch all over with the feeling of needles trying to penetrate my skin from underneath. The Doctor said I had cholinergic urticaria, I disagreed with this diagnosis. Cholinergic triggers an itch when the body heats up (Gym/walking from cold into hot house) which was happening to me. I was checked for some allergies but nothing found. A nutritionist stated I had a histamine intolerance and I reduced certain items for a few days like red wine, bacon and some other things. In 2013 I had full blood counts done, iron def, also liver and kidney function tests, all clear.

Fast forward to 2019 and I am getting the symptoms again. The change is at my work on an oil platform we have a Nespresso machine, I think something in the coffee pods triggers it. I asked the chef about food ingredients. Seems perhaps sauces especially sweet sauces can trigger it also.

Online DNA test, said potentially had the inability to absorb B 12 vitamins and vitamin D

I am 40 years old, 81KG and 5ft 9 in so slightly overweight. I have psoriasis since my late teens.

I even looked at the water on the oil platform, it is made from sea water using a reverse osmosis membrane filter. It has Sodium hypchlorite dosed into it to kill bacteria. Also the membrane is cleaned with Sodium Metabisulphite. I went a few days without showering but no difference. Now if they are cooking with this water are these chemicals attacking me from the inside?

When I leave the oil platform and go home my symptoms reduce, then I noticed on holiday eating white chocolate ice cream I was getting the symptoms again, mild itching.

When I have the urge to empty my bowels I get the itch.

As I worked in Gabon in 2012 I had Hep B vacc, then for Iraq in 2018 I had Hep B vacc again. Now after each vacc I get this type of itch after one year seems a long time but thought i'd mention it. I had other vaccines but only find supporting info for Hep B to cause an itch.

I have Raynauds I think, so a circulation to the extremities of my body during cold periods. Now my hands and feet are the first to itch, is it all related?

I’m waiting on a dentist appointment. Occasional recent bad breath, possibly needing root canal. I read online this may cause urticaria.

Thank you for reading and hopefully someone has a suggestion?

Regards,
Garry.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:37 am

Re: All over itch (bowel/coffee/gym triggers)

Hi Garry111

Thank you for your post. We have a free support programme, mydryskin, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/mydryskin.php which provides 12 weeks of dedicated information, sent to you by email in bite-size chunks. Every week there is a PDF for you to download or print containing practical information about how to manage dry skin, written by talkhealth and medical experts.

Some of the topics the programme covers include:

- Symptoms & treatments
- What to ask your GP or consultant
- Patient stories and hints & tips
- Common triggers & irritants
- Itch-scratch cycle
- Emotional impact and much more!

You may find some of the topics covered helpful.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts