Meat

Moderator: talkhealth

8 posts
scilover

by scilover on Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:16 pm

Meat

My sister is allergic to meat. She can't eat processed meat all her body will get itchy and they will be like red spots on the body. Is it normal to actually allergic to meat?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:33 am

Re: Meat

Hi scilover,

Thank you for your post regarding your sisters symptoms after eating processed meat. Processed meat is made with all sorts of additives which could be causing a reaction. She may also want to look into something called histamine intolerance - when there is a build up of too much histamine in the body causing symptoms. Processed meat is loaded with histamine.

Please find some further information here regarding food reactions:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/food-allergy/causes/

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Lilianamls

by Lilianamls on Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:22 am

nice post.thanks

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:23 am

Food allergies can result in red, blotchy skin. The only way to treat it is to avoid the food that triggers that reaction.

My close friend is allergic to prawns: if she eats them, her face also goes red and blotchy. There is no known treatment for such allergies. Again, the only way to stop a reaction is to avoid the trigger-foods.

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:22 pm

yes, I know people who are allergic to processed meats. Processed meat contains various chemical compounds that are not present in fresh meat. Many of these compounds are harmful to health.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:51 am

Food allergies are awful. But it is a fact of life. I also think every one's body works differently: including mine. It is like I have to throw away a perfectly good pack of cereal because I am allergic to it. Still, at least now I know which cereals to avoid.

IahasTeam

by IahasTeam on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:55 pm

No allergies are normal my friend. Allergies can be caused for many reasons. It is mostly caused when the body's immune system is inappropriately activated. I would suggest you try some ayurvedic remedies in treating this condition. You can try some ayurvedic products and medicines also can add ayurvedic herbs to your daily diet.

Chinmayi

david.ford16@yahoo.com

by david.ford16@yahoo.com on Tue May 24, 2022 5:43 am

Food allergies are common but meat allergies are less common than the other food allergies. The reason for this is that protein present in the meat which can trigger an allergy. Whenever you got allergic to the meat your immune system will overreact. Its reactions can be mild or severe. So it is good to see the doctor and get proper advice otherwise allergies can become more severe with the time.

8 posts