Need Diet Plan For Suspected Sulphite Allergy

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
bluecloud

by bluecloud on Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:56 pm

Need Diet Plan For Suspected Sulphite Allergy

Can anyone point me in the direction of a simple diet plan that excludes sulphites please?

For several months now, I have suffered with hay-fever symptoms - mostly a runny, itchy nose and sneezing, worse after drinking wine. As I have quite a few allergies, I am used to the symptoms but only ongoing in summer, never the winter. I also have asthma and other food intolerances such as milk, soya, chicory root and non-organic wheat.

Searching the internet there is so much conflicting information, much of repetitive with very little really helpful advice on where to start with a diet. There are plenty of websites that tell you foods that contain sulphites, but the lists are far too vague and leave you guessing what you can eat if you think you might have a sulphite allergy. A dairy allergy/intolerance is easy to avoid, but with sulphites they are rarely declared (in the UK) with the exception of wine.

Sulphites are used as a preservative in many processed foods, but are they used in organic tinned and bottled foods? e.g. organic tinned chickpeas? I haven't found an answer for that one yet.

By sticking to a few foods that are sulphite-free, my symptoms are greatly improved but a simple healthy diet plan would give me something to build on and work out if sulphites really are the problem. I already cook meals from scratch with organic ingredients wherever possible.

At some stage I will probably have to see a GP, but they are generally so unhelpful I need to go armed with some proof otherwise they will just fob me off.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:13 am

Re: Need Diet Plan For Suspected Sulphite Allergy

Cordials, organic product juices, brew, wine, soda pops, moment tea. Business arrangements of lemon and lime juice, vinegar, grape juice. Dry potatoes, flavors, sauces, natural product garnishes, maraschino cherries, salted onions, Maple syrup, jams, jams, rolls, bread, pies, pizza batter.

2 posts