protein supplements cause me to become allergic

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
douglassdavis50@gmail.com

by douglassdavis50@gmail.com on Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:45 am

protein supplements cause me to become allergic

I have noticed that if I take any type of protein supplement, I become allergic to that type of protein. For example, I have been allergic to soy and dairy for years, but that didn't happen until after I took soy and dairy protein supplements, now I have to take H2 blockers (antihistimes such as Famotidine/Pepcid) to have any dairy or soy. I ate these protein bars made of eggs, now I am allergic to eggs. So, now I am avoiding all protein supplements.

Has anyone heard of this? I'm wondering why my stomach is so sensitive and reacts so badly to protein supplements. Is there a specific diagnosis for this type of thing or any way to stop it or make it better? Thanks.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:38 pm

Re: protein supplements cause me to become allergic

I have no medical training but is sounds like your body is simply functioning its normal functions by making you allergic to anything in a protein bar. But you're very sensible to realize your mistake: if your body develops an allergy from an ingredient in a protein bar, there must be a biological reason why.

I can't say why but - again - you're right to avoid protein bars.

I know there are foods I am allergic to: brown bread, for instance. My body DOES NOT like brown bread. I can't even eat museli or other roughage without getting sick. The dietician may say I need roughage but I won't eat what I'm allergic to. I also have to be careful with flapjacks and any pastry. My body does not like that food: and I've realized never will.

Accept your body, but do definitely avoid all that you're allergic to: whatever that reason may be.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:59 am

Re: protein supplements cause me to become allergic

There might be factors related with supplement readiness and handling which bring about additional immunogenic antigens in these exceptionally thought protein items. We propose interrogating patients concerning the utilization of protein supplements while giving side effects reminiscent of an IgE interceded food sensitivity.

3 posts