Kissing with food allergies

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
lionelmessi00000000@gmail.com

by lionelmessi00000000@gmail.com on Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:35 pm

Kissing with food allergies

I have severe anaphylaxis to nuts and have recently got into a relationship. I am very careful and do not usually eat out in places that serve anything with nuts.
I was wondering what the usual protocol is when kissing or having sex with partner if you have these allergies?

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:01 pm

Re: Kissing with food allergies

I'm no expert BUT I do think your partner should avoid eating nuts - or nut products - before kissing you. Even the smallest amount of nut product could trigger an allergic reaction.

It is better to be safe than sorry.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:52 am

A study on peanut allergen exposure through saliva , such as through kissing, found that it's safest for the partner of the person with allergy to avoid the allergenic food.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:18 pm

advhccenter: you're right.

Even the smallest amount of allergen will cause a violent reaction.

If anyone reading this has any type of allergen, do make your partner avoid getting into contact with it. Basically, make sure if you're allergic to nuts - for example - be sure your partner avoids nuts themselves: especially before kissing you.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:52 am

it is possible to experience an allergic reaction from kissing. A study on peanut allergen exposure through saliva , such as through kissing, found that it's safest for the partner of the person with allergy to avoid the allergenic food.

5 posts