Where to go for help with food intolerances

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
millicent

by millicent on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Where to go for help with food intolerances

I'm going to have an endoscopy in couple of weeks to test for celiacs . I definitely know I have a problem with wheat/ gluten I ate bread and crackers yesterday and today I'm paying the price.i feel dreadful do other people feel awful when they eat things they are intolerant to . I believe I have other food intolerance too although I can't pin point what they are - seems to be everything . Surely you can't become intolerant to all foods . My symptoms seem to come on a few hours after ingesting the food. Anybody got any ideas they would be greatly appreciated. I'm at a loss- I need to find foods that I can eat cause since this all started a couple of months ago I've lost so much weight and I'm truly frightened.

The Allergy Cook

by The Allergy Cook on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:59 pm

Re: Where to go for help with food intolerances

Hello,

Good luck with your tests. I have a range of food intolerances, with varying symptoms. I had an allergy test at a local health food shop hoping to help my eczema, since then my allergies are under control and as a bonus my hayfever and asthma have improved. It was the best thing I ever did and completely transformed how I feel, I lost weight, have more energy and feel fitter and healthier than I did 10 years ago. I remember the feeling of what am I going to eat even now 10 years on. I have written a cookery book for people who are intolerant to milk, citrus and caffeine.
Last edited by admin on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Promotional URL removed as not permitted in these forums

Denise08

by Denise08 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:29 am

Difficulty in digesting certain foods is called Food Intolerance (reaction with foods) while Food Allergy (immune reaction) is triggering the immune system. You may suffer food intolerance without food allergy. Foods that are frequently related with food intolerance are dairy products, grains that contain gluten, and foods that cause intestinal gas buildup, like beans and cabbage. You can go to your GP or dietitian to help you address the problem.

bertyolmer

by bertyolmer on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:27 pm

tricky... I got an histamine intolerance and I have a dietary supplement (Daosin) which makes it possible to eat everything without having problems or allergic reactions. So I don't have a problem to go out :D

Depending on the allergy or intolerance you should check everything on the internet. Maybe there are some treatments or whatever which can help ;)

best of luck

5 posts