Can you help with a study? forums and decision making

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
LSillence

by LSillence on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Can you help with a study? forums and decision making

I am a psychologist at Northumbria University in Newcastle upon Tyne in the UK. I am currently exploring how people trust health information they read online and in particular how it affects their decision making. I have received clearance from my Department’s ethical committee to undertake a study examining people’s experience of online forums, in particular asking for information and advice and how this may have affected any decision making about their health. I am looking for volunteers who would be willing to write a description of their health experiences including their time on the forum and any decision making they have made. I would then ask people to take part in a follow up interview to explore some of the experiences about decision making in more detail. This interview would probably be carried out on the telephone or via Skype depending on your location.
I am hoping to gather a wide range of experiences and opinions from people all over the world and would be very grateful if you would consider taking part.
If you are interested please contact me via email at elizabeth.sillence@northumbria.ac.uk and I can send you more information about the study.

I have sought and received permission to post this message from the moderator of this board.

Many thanks

Dr Liz Sillence

RosyHannah

by RosyHannah on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Re: Can you help with a study? forums and decision making

Evening Liz,

I wonder how you are getting on with your study and whether you were successful in getting some involvement from our forum users?

Best Regards,

Rosy

LSillence

by LSillence on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:08 am

Re: Can you help with a study? forums and decision making

Hi Rosy,

I'm afraid I haven't had anyone from your forum get in touch with me about the study. It's a shame as I would really like to hear from a range of people with a range of different health concerns especially ones that are perhaps less well understood/researched.

Anyway the message is still there so if people do want to get in touch that would be great.
Thanks for your ongoing support

Best wishes
Liz

3 posts